New Royal Carnage reviews

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
:cool: I need to break out all my Slough Feg, being that it's summer and all. Well, close enough.

I like that it's only 32 minutes long, when it comes to beer swiggin' music like trad. metal and thrash, I like shit short and simple. :kickass:

You can’t shotgun SLOUGH FEG like a weak lager; they’re much more of a distinct stout & ale type brew, waiting to be savored slowly from an Irish king’s goblet.
:cool:

I'm not to keen on Slough Feg, though reviews of that caliber always makes me want to check said band out hehe

now, now, c'mon lurch. after all, this is the forum where Decapitated, post-rock, and Slayer are supposedly good. Seems right that SOilwork joins that group. :D

:lol: when I clicked that Soilwork review, I got "Royal Carnage - Where your hopes for the metal scene come to die" as the random title. I must have accidentally coded some artificial intelligence into the quote script.

J. said:
now, now, c'mon lurch. after all, this is the forum where Decapitated, post-rock, and Slayer are supposedly good. Seems right that SOilwork joins that group. :D

ok, you're right ... ok ... i am content now. :tickled:

Papa Josh: The reason you think "Music Non Stop" on the MERCENARY album sounds like CARDIGANS is because it is a cover track of Swedish pop band KENT :(

lurch70 said:
As I even mentioned in the review, I realize that there aren't many among RC's staff or readership that would agree. But I like the disc. While I get that it's not considered "Metal" to be a fan of Soilwork, it would be much less "Metal" to say I didn't like just because of how that might be perceived.

And for the record, I refuse to take any shit for my musical tastes in a forum that thinks Bathory is the greatest band of all time.

Zod

EDIT: if you don't think highly of my enjoyment of Soilwork, wait till you see my glowing review of Lamb of God's latest.:loco:

General Zod said:
As I even mentioned in the review, I realize that there aren't many among RC's staff or readership that would agree. But I like the disc. While I get that it's not considered "Metal" to be a fan of Soilwork, it would be much less "Metal" to say I didn't like just because of how that might be perceived.

And for the record, I refuse to take any shit for my musical tastes in a forum that thinks Bathory is the greatest band of all time.

Zod

EDIT: if you don't think highly of my enjoyment of Soilwork, wait till you see my glowing review of Lamb of God's latest.:loco:

I knew you were gonna take shit for liking this cd!! :D Just like I did for enjoying Figure Number Five!

General Zod said:

A board who prioritizes emotion and innovation over a polished production and technical abilities? Oh my, what has the world come to.