New Royal Carnage reviews

Crimson Velvet said:
A board who prioritizes emotion and innovation over a polished production and technical abilities? Oh my, what has the world come to.
Well, first off, I was half joking with my comments. Listen to whatever you like, I could care less. Second, be careful with the word "innovation". Very little is actually innovative. As for emotion, something can be both polished and emotional. It's hard to find a singer who sings with more emotion than Geoff Tate. It's also hard to find a singer who sings with more polish.

Zod

^

Zod, use a :loco: next time you joke around so I don't have to stand up and wave my fist in the air yelling furiously at the monitor, thanks

Erik's review of Grand Magus is spot on. They have nothing to do wth "stoner" anymore. THey are now trad doom metal, much to my disappointment. They dropped the best elements of their sound. At least I still have their debut, and hopefully the new Spiritual Beggars will will meet the expectations that Grand Magus did not.

Am I the only one who disagrees at Zod's statement concerning Bathory, but still laughs? Shit is FUNNY. :loco:

General Zod said:
As I even mentioned in the review, I realize that there aren't many among RC's staff or readership that would agree. But I like the disc. While I get that it's not considered "Metal" to be a fan of Soilwork, it would be much less "Metal" to say I didn't like just because of how that might be perceived.

And for the record, I refuse to take any shit for my musical tastes in a forum that thinks Bathory is the greatest band of all time.

Zod

EDIT: if you don't think highly of my enjoyment of Soilwork, wait till you see my glowing review of Lamb of God's latest.:loco:

hahaha ... good stuff.

I don't disagree with you on Soilwork because it is not "cool" to like them, I actually highly enjoyed NBC ... but this is just tired rehashed stuff already.

And I highly enjoy Lamb of God ... it would get a glowing review from me as well.

LOL, Lamb of God got a 9/10? In this case, getting 10 is the worst and 1 is the best right?

Jeez that band sucks. Wait, since we're playing opposites, LoG kicks ass just like SOilwork and Decpaitated!

Erik said:
Zod, use a :loco: next time you joke around so I don't have to stand up and wave my fist in the air yelling furiously at the monitor, thanks
LOL. Will do. Though, you can safely assume, whenever I bring up Bathory, I'm busting someone's balls. As I've said, different srokes fro different folks.

Zod

J. said:
LOL, Lamb of God got a 9/10? In this case, getting 10 is the worst and 1 is the best right?

Jeez that band sucks. Wait, since we're playing opposites, LoG kicks ass just like SOilwork and Decpaitated!
I didn't have any expectation that you would run right out and buy LoG after reading my review. You and I like different things. Most of what you like is shit, and I'm cool with that.:loco:

Zod

General Zod said:
I didn't have any expectation that you would run right out and buy LoG after reading my review. You and I like different things. Most of what you like is shit, and I'm cool with that.:loco:

Zod

:tickled:

While I though the latest LOG was quite heavy and I liked what I heard, I haven't gone back to it.... perhaps after reading that review, I shall.

Oh, I thought I was doing that one, but since I never replied to your PM's (lazy + forgetful) I guess I will pull out some classic albums instead :p

Erik said:
Oh, I thought I was doing that one, but since I never replied to your PM's (lazy + forgetful) I guess I will pull out some classic albums instead :p

:lol: Your magic worked.

Hey - if he's not around, can you/anyone confirm what instrument Max used on the title track "Hymn of the Wood", particularly towards the end of the song? Did he say it was a dulcimer?

One Inch Man said:
Skinflute.

Hmm, really?

*google search for "skinflute"*

05_skinflute_03.jpg

Why you...! :heh: There are no strings! :tickled:

I was going to do an image search for skin flute but was afraid of what would come up, you're braver than me! :Spin: