New short tone test!

Hey man, I'll say this, it definitely doesn't sound at all pod-like, good job! Is this all with internal Pod stuff? (cab sim, etc.) I feel the tone is perhaps a bit...dense in the mids, it really fights with the crash in that opening riff (are these live drums, btw? They sure sound like it) and I think the offending frequency might be around 2k or so, but don't quote me on that. Still, really smooth and awesome!

Thanks a lot, dudes!

eternally, I'll post the preset later on today. I'm at college and don't have my POD with me right now. :)

Metaltastic, thanks a lot, man! Yup, it's all POD... hipass and lopass and lowshelf on my DAW. I agree about the mids. I just recently turned into using the 57 on-axis mic model and don't know how to control the mids on it yet, especially the higher mids. I'll try it nextime with a bit less presence and a bit more treble to make up for it.

The drums are the Addictive Drums demo. I really don't care that much for the snare, to be honest, but I've got no way of replacing it right now. I've tweaked it for a lot time now, but I think it's just the original sample that I don't like.

Oh, I had forgotten about this!

I uploaded it to www.customtone.com. It's called 'McRythm 1'. Just search for 'Rex Rocker' in there and you should find it! Sorry for the trouble, man. I don't know anywhere else where I can upload it. :(

Hey, thanks for preset.
one question, what do you use for posteq process in guitars??
i record my guitar with a lot presets but i don get that studio sound in the mix...
what do you use? reverb in guitars for example??

i'd appreciate you help me.;)

Thanks, dudes!

eternally, I use just a hipass at 80 Hz and a lopass at 12K. I think I used a Lowshelf filter to dial out some of the low-end boominess for this clip, but I recently ditched it. I just dialed in the lopass somewhat differently to achieve this.

I don't use reverb on rythm guitars. I personally feel it muddies up fast chug chug riffs.

thanx again man!
i have a serious problem and i dont get to solve it.:(
i comment it:

how do you record with pod?
i connect pod only with usb to my pc and when i play guitar sound hard and direct sound but when i record, sound transforms in tightened and compressed.
why?
it can be to record with usb????
I have been long time and i dont get to solve this...i want sound hard and direct that i play in my records.:erk:

this is my example -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnjmymfm2wh