New site online, bug reports/comments here please

karelrulez said:
very nice lay-out! but in the links section, the link to Stratovarius is www.redemption.com..
lol.gif

I noticed a lack of lyrics in the albums section. I kinda liked how they had them all there before on the old site, because its easy to copy and paste them and set them as my away messages for AIM, but now I have to manually type them out of my lyrics books
err.gif
. Oh wel, otherwise the site is fine so far except for the fact that I have a very high resolution and theres a big black empty space on the right side of the site, is something supposed to go there or is it just not formated for such high resolution?

strange problem, whatever i do it still shows me the old page(the one saying on march 21 blah blah), i think there is something wrong because im on a network and on the old site it didnt even work, perhaps u should look into the way the site works with networked computers

Divine Wings Of Tragedy said:
strange problem, whatever i do it still shows me the old page(the one saying on march 21 blah blah), i think there is something wrong because im on a network and on the old site it didnt even work, perhaps u should look into the way the site works with networked computers

Change the URL of the bookmarked address. Click on the URL below

http://www.symphonyx.com/index2.html

It's a very clean and neat layout, however I do miss the animated Symphony X buttons at the top of the old site. Also, it seems that the new site was made to support only resolutions of 800x600 and smaller. Could you not implement code to widen the page for higher resolutions such as 1024x768? I have seen many sites that do this. It would be easy as adding the code first in the body of the html. But overall, nice work!

I've decided not to add the lyrics to the site because it seems a lot of people would simply download the MP3s from whereever, then use the lyrics and not purchase the album as a result. I don't think that's fair to the band. So, it's an incentive to get the CD for those who haven't :)

I will add a temporary page for all those who have the old page URL bookmarked so they know to update the bookmark.

Also, The design is for 800x600 and there will be an image to the right wide to fill in the black area.

MetalAges said:
I've decided not to add the lyrics to the site because it seems a lot of people would simply download the MP3s from whereever, then use the lyrics and not purchase the album as a result. I don't think that's fair to the band. So, it's an incentive to get the CD for those who haven't /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
That doesn't sound very reasonable. I've done alot of mp3 downloading in my time online, and I've never been so stingy as to just listen to the mp3's and look for just the lyrics for those mp3's. I've also never heard of anyone doing that. The lyrics page was one of the best features on the old site.

I actually had it in the middle to start but ran into a positioning problem with a certain browser...so had to move it to the left. If I can find a way around the mid alignment problem , I will indeed move it back over to the middle :)