New Slayer Song "Hate Worldwide"

I can't help it - the more I listen to the track, the more I like it. The mix is definitely weird, but I somehow dig the very natural feel of the drums.

To me it's always been Testament who's the only band that survived all those years without dropping out, or experimenting to an extend where it's just ridiculous.

Megadeth lost it completely end 90's / beginning of this decade, and now they're recovering (UA was great!).
Metallica lost it after Black album..
Slayer, Raining Blood is the only album that people still speak of in high demand, the rest of what they did doesn't speak to them or doesn't interest them..thought GHUA was the only thing sounding a bit proper and up to standard..
Yeah, I mean Exodus had a few years of disbandment but I don't think ever put out anything I'd consider weak.

True, not seeing Exodus there offended me slightly, because they're my favourite thrash band and their newest material is IMO terribly awesome.

That being said, the song sounds like usual Slayer minus some cool riffs they have in a song or two (Angel of Death and Raining Blood come to mind), suckish playing by Kerry King, bad production, etc. The production being even worse than before though. :erk:

I am not really a fan fan of this, to me anyways, every post Seasons (with exception of title track Divine Intervention) are all meh. I dont know if its because I grew up or what but the songs just lack something--a hook perhaps, I dont know. And the last two to me seem like they are taking a page out of Mustaines book and trying to rehash what made them great to begin with--forcing it instead of letting it come naturally

Fuck YEAH, Slayer´s back!!!

This is not one of the quantized-to-death-always-using-the-same-sampled-drum-fuck-boring-bullshit polished production.
There is life in it which 90% of the modern productions lack. I´m looking very forward to seeing them live.
The last cd I got from them was diabolus in musica and that really sucked. But the new shit sounds like slayer again.
SLAYAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[obvioussarcasm]There's no way something can sound good if it isn't a total pain in the ass to obtain, set up, mic, record, and mix.[/obvioussarcasm]

Jeff

First of all... +1 that mix sounds hideous! Sounds like they're taking lessons from Metallica's Death Magnetic album. :lol:

Secondly, what the fuck is up with the solo? Sounds like pointless wanking. Is this a Kirk Hammett guest solo or something?