New Slayer Song "Hate Worldwide"

For some reason this song sounds like Tom Araya singing on a Death Magnetic track. I've listened to it several times and each time that's what I hear.

sounds like slayer

This. Slayer always has midrangey, not-ubergain guitars and raw drums. That's just how they sound. (Ever hear Divine Intervention, guys? Even the compressed internet stream of this sounds better than that record!)

Honestly, I think it sounds fine for Slayer. If they had some slick-ass super-processed "modern" sounding mix, it would be really out of character. It wouldn't work with the vibe of the band.

I'm not a fan of the song, mind, but I'm not a fan of the band either. They're alright, but I could have all the Slayer I'll ever want to really hear if I made a "best of" comp.

I thought it was a total :headbang: moment. No, wait...the other thing...it was a :puke: moment. "Hate Worldwide?" They should have called it what it really is: "Slayer Hates Us All."

Seriously, these guys can't write songs for shit anymore. It's absolute garbage that like that which is driving me away from metal and just exploring other kinds of music instead.

Fuck! Is this that solo for real?

It sounds like me when im drunk! hahaha

Yep the classic Rubin/Fidelman combo is back. If that is the final mix then all I can do is mirror everyone's comments. Dry as a nun's chuff and sounds like classic shit Slayer. I personally dont get the hype with this band. Yea they did Reign In Blood so what.....:loco:

Also Kerry is without doubt the most overrated senior guitar player in Metal, the great thing is he says the same about Kirk Hammet :erk:

Seriously, these guys can't write songs for shit anymore. It's absolute garbage that like that which is driving me away from metal and just exploring other kinds of music instead.

Dude, I'm probably one of the biggest metalheads on here in terms of listening to not much else, and I haven't really liked ANY Slayer (or most thrash) in years, so nice try :D

I love the way the whole mix just dries out after the first "solo." Sounds like the whole thing just dies. Who forced 'em to play fucking single coil strats goddamnit? The thing that shocks me the most is how the band approved this "mix". If I got a mix like this back from a professional, I'd send this shit right back.