New Slayer Song "Hate Worldwide"

Its not THAT bad. It sounds like the whole "raw thing" was done on purpose. The guitars are definitely undergained as shit and there's a lack of bass though.

Goddamn it, why does Kerry King keep on making "solos"? I reminds me of this (@ 1:50):

Anyway, Slayer's been sounding like shit for quite a long time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Given it's Slayer, I thought the mix would be far worse.
With "being slayer" I mean, well, they've never had the huge bass we're used to hear in modern productions, they've been pretty undergained aswell.

I agree with the song lacking punch or whatever, and lacks a little bit of clarity.

I hate the bass sound

- I think the guitars are fine in terms of gain amount
- The production is not terrible, it just sounds like a demo, and drums are too loud, and bass is almost nonexistent, and vocals are a bit weird sounding
- The song is total run-of-the-mill, whether you like Slayer or not. Sounds forced, uninspired, flat, boring.
- Slayer have always had some kind of raw production with low gain guitars and it works fine for them.
- About the sloppiness, nothing shocking here, especially compared to the sub-par "War Ensemble" guitar & bass tracks somebody posted recently :)

I don't like the mix, however, it's still better sounding than Death Magnetic. IMO the worst part about it is the undergained guitars. The song itself had potential, for the most part it's not bad other than the verse and the "solos" (if you can call them that). At least it's fast, I've never been able to get into their slower heavy stuff.