New Slayer Song "Hate Worldwide"

To me it's always been Testament who's the only band that survived all those years without dropping out, or experimenting to an extend where it's just ridiculous.

Megadeth lost it completely end 90's / beginning of this decade, and now they're recovering (UA was great!).
Metallica lost it after Black album..
Slayer, Raining Blood is the only album that people still speak of in high demand, the rest of what they did doesn't speak to them or doesn't interest them..thought GHUA was the only thing sounding a bit proper and up to standard..

LOL James, I said that too! I was showing Jeff (DSS3) and I said it sounds like they are using Strats with singles and quite undergained.

I'm not a Slayer fan, never have been. This certainly won't change my opinion any time soon.

To me it's always been Testament who's the only band that survived all those years without dropping out, or experimenting to an extend where it's just ridiculous.

Megadeth lost it completely end 90's / beginning of this decade, and now they're recovering (UA was great!).
Slayer, Raining Blood is the only album that people still speak of in high demand, the rest of what they did doesn't speak to them or doesn't interest them..thought GHUA was the only thing sounding a bit proper and up to standard..

Yeah, I mean Exodus had a few years of disbandment but I don't think ever put out anything I'd consider weak.

I agree, though I like Load and Reload, but I just think it's a case of "good album released by the wrong band". They should have done that as a side project or something. It was predictable that people would bitch out if they released it as Metallica

I think "Christ Illusion" was a pretty damn good Slayer album. Imo the best since "Seasons in the abbyss". I´m looking forward to the new output. The mix and recording quality of the song what´s the topic about, is not the best (unfortunately). BUT As a metalhead I fucking know, that I have to be grateful for their masterpieces (Reign, South, Seasons). I don´t forget, what they did for the Metal scene. I love Slayer.

they havent been good, they have been GREAT! :)

That's such an *awesome* comeback that I bashed my head into the wall after punching a hole in said wall and deciding that a facepalm was still necessary.

I saw the first comments and prepared for the worst. They then got so bad that I got optimistic. Then I listened, and...

...well, I realized that I've never stopped wondering how Slayer got to be so important.

Jeff

That's such an *awesome* comeback that I bashed my head into the wall after punching a hole in said wall and deciding that a facepalm was still necessary.

I saw the first comments and prepared for the worst. They then got so bad that I got optimistic. Then I listened, and...

...well, I realized that I've never stopped wondering how Slayer got to be so important.

Jeff

Napkins are in the top drawer, 3rd from the left.

There's nothing wrong in the production except the distorted Death Magnetic-snare, guitars sound great to me !

Sounds raw!

I'm sure is totally intentional... they are just going to try to sell us all the "back to the basics" bullshit...

I kind of like it though, I think it suits them...

+1
I love it. :headbang:

Even though that's something I wouldn't want for my own band, I'm broadminded enough to say the mix kicks ass.

I kinda liked it.
It's not what I am used to hearing from Slayer - but I gotta admit I liked the tune.
Then again - I am probably the biggest pussy here on this forum - FWIW.

It's strange...the guitars sound normal during the intro, then go to the single-coil sound once the vocals kick in. Seems like it was done on purpose.