New Snare

Hi guys,

I work in a Musical Instrument Retail store and we have like 10 snares here,... If I have the time, i'll sample the following snares:

Chad Smith
Vinnie Paul
Joey Jordison
Black Panther 14x5.5
Pearl 13' Piccolo Maple
PDP Maple 14x5.5
Pearl 13' Piccolo Brass
12' Gretch Popcorn snare
Sonor Delight 14x6.5 Birdseye Maple Snare
DW Collectors 14x5.5 Maple Snare

should take me an hour or so to do...

what do you want? Just single strokes? Rim shots? etc.?

I'm doing like 10 strokes of a certain velocity and increasing it in velocity. then i'll upload the .wav files to the sneap forum on gavin's server.

Hi guys,

I work in a Musical Instrument Retail store and we have like 10 snares here,... If I have the time, i'll sample the following snares:

Chad Smith
Vinnie Paul
Joey Jordison
Black Panther 14x5.5
Pearl 13' Piccolo Maple
PDP Maple 14x5.5
Pearl 13' Piccolo Brass
12' Gretch Popcorn snare
Sonor Delight 14x6.5 Birdseye Maple Snare
DW Collectors 14x5.5 Maple Snare

should take me an hour or so to do...

what do you want? Just single strokes? Rim shots? etc.?

I'm doing like 10 strokes of a certain velocity and increasing it in velocity. then i'll upload the .wav files to the sneap forum on gavin's server.

pls Have the time .....:loco:

For excessive programming fun, you can also do 10 ghosts, 20 w increasing velocity and 20 hard (10 left and 10 right). Then make all samples with separate mics bleed and...oh that's DFHS ;)

+1000000

btw (Newbie question) Why is everyone sampling snares and no kicks and no toms ?
Is it because sampling a kick drum is harder or something ?

I dont think anyone on here will turn down a good sample no matter what kind it is, there has already been a ton of good kiks posted on here its just that the snares have kinda been neglected.

ok guys, todays been a bit busy, i'll do it first thing tomorrow morning and get them posted by the afternoon...

i'm using a Presonus Bluetube pre on em. With the tube turned off.

standard SM57 on it.

10 Rim shot strokes
10 loud strokes
5 ghost note strokes
and increasing strokes

thats enough.

ok guys, todays been a bit busy, i'll do it first thing tomorrow morning and get them posted by the afternoon...

i'm using a Presonus Bluetube pre on em. With the tube turned off.

standard SM57 on it.

10 Rim shot strokes
10 loud strokes
5 ghost note strokes
and increasing strokes

thats enough.

Are you micing the top and bottom?