New Soilwork album

a lot of people are saying it's BETTER than both APP and The Chainheart machine! if so... FUCK I NEED IT :) I heard one song... interesting... almost a bit atmospheric with keys (yeah you heard me right... soilwork being atmospheric) Not as agressive though, and some good clean vocals. Anyway i can't wait to hear the rest, definitely an album on my to buy list!

It's out in March sometime. I have Black Star Deceiver and Song of the Damned, both very good. SotD is like Asylum Dance somehow. BSD is the one with Devon Townsend singing a bit.

I'm holding off on the rest of the songs until I buy it.

-Hondo

1- Follow The Hollow
2- As We Speak
3- The Flameout
4- Natural Born Chaos
5- Mindfields
6- The Bringer
7- Black Star Deciever
8- Mercury Shadow
9- No More Angels
10- Song Of The Damned

It's definitely what you'd get when you combine Devin Townsend with Soilwork. There's lots of melodic keyboard work, as opposed to the strictly ambient stuff they've done in the past. The most noticeable change is what they did with Strid's voice.. the results are absolutely amazing. I flipped out when i heard the chorus on "As We Speak", and the high points he reaches on "Mindfields" are amazing as well.

The album isn't as heavy as APP, but it's damn good. It still has those chunky riffs, great lyrics and guitar solos... all characteristic of Soilwork.

And yes, I did audiogalaxy the album, but as soon as I see the actual cd on store shelves, it's mine :D