Opeth and Soilwork...

haggard said:
I don't know dude, I saw them touring for Figure No. 5, and probably half the songs they played were off Predator's Portrait and Chainheart Machine...and they did play Sadistic Lullabye off Steelbath too...great live show.

I would be seeing them in a small venue with great sound. Sounds like a show I may want to attend.... w/ Hypocrisy, Dark Tranquility and Nmemic. Know anything about these other bands?

I saw soilwork and in flames a little while back. In Flames absolutely blew SACK and Soilwork sounded terrible, which is a shame because they played some cool songs. I'm too pissed to talk about In Flames though.

BurningSky said:
I saw soilwork and in flames a little while back. In Flames absolutely blew SACK and Soilwork sounded terrible, which is a shame because they played some cool songs. I'm too pissed to talk about In Flames though.

I have been listening to some old In Flames and I like it a lot. Specifically 1996's "The Jester Race"... Has their sound changed much? What sucked about them live? I had thought if I had the chance I would see them live.

Out.:devil:

Jinn said:
yup.. usually festivals pay YOU to play.

fucking osbournes are greedy fucking pieces of shit.

No, just Sharon. Ozzy is just a decrepit drugo who would have been in an institution long ago if Sharon hadnt discovered that she could make millions by exploiting her husband.

Mr Samsara said:
I have been listening to some old In Flames and I like it a lot. Specifically 1996's "The Jester Race"... Has their sound changed much? What sucked about them live? I had thought if I had the chance I would see them live.

Out.:devil:

Their sound has changed A LOT. They are pretty nu-metalish now and its just a complete breakdown in songwriting (I blame it on Anders and Bjorn). It's not so much that they put on a bad show, but they played so many new songs off of Reroute to Remain that it just killed the show for me. They are actually pretty cool to see live, at least they were when I saw them with Dark Tranquillity (who was AMAZING).

Yeah, the line up I'm gonna see is Soilwork, Hypocrisy, DT, and Mnemic....Hypocrisy is Peter Tagtgren's death metal band...I haven't heard too much of them. DT is awesome of course, if you haven't heard them but you like melodic death, you must check it out. Mnemic is a german (I think) band, kinda like early Fear Factory with a dash of Meshuggah, but a little more melodic....not TOO bad, but it's borderline mallcore. Should be a good show, DT and Soilwork have never let me down!

haggard said:
Yeah, the line up I'm gonna see is Soilwork, Hypocrisy, DT, and Mnemic....Hypocrisy is Peter Tagtgren's death metal band...I haven't heard too much of them. DT is awesome of course, if you haven't heard them but you like melodic death, you must check it out. Mnemic is a german (I think) band, kinda like early Fear Factory with a dash of Meshuggah, but a little more melodic....not TOO bad, but it's borderline mallcore. Should be a good show, DT and Soilwork have never let me down!

Hypocrisy are great...... hell of an opener. WHich show are you going to?