New song by Scale the Summit

oh my fucking god this is so good. it sounds like them but just kicked to 11. didn't even see this posted until here, nice!

Weird. i have an old song called Atlas Novina I did a few years ago. PLAGIARISM!!! :lol:

I'm usually not big on these tapping bands but this does sound pretty cool. Better than the first record judging by these songs, imo. Oddly enough this track above reminds me of Minus The Bear a bit.

Weird. i have an old song called Atlas Novina I did a few years ago. PLAGIARISM!!! :lol:

I'm usually not big on these tapping bands but this does sound pretty cool. Better than the first record judging by these songs, imo. Oddly enough this track above reminds me of Minus The Bear a bit.

This is their 4th full length album, man.

This song is good, but it doesn't blow me away like Odyssey. It's more similar to older songs. Odyssey = TURNED UP TO 11.

Well I'm not a big fan of the band (or any of the primarily tapping bands), so whatever the last album was with the rock formations on the cover. :lol: That's the one a friend of mine has and played at work.:D

Well I'm not a big fan of the band (or any of the primarily tapping bands), so whatever the last album was with the rock formations on the cover. :lol: That's the one a friend of mine has and played at work.:D

I'm assuming you mean Carving Desert Canyons, which is good, but The Collective is much better. They are much more than a "tapping band" though, dude... They do a lot of it, but there's also plenty of shred, great songwriting, and fusiony goodness. I saw you post Cynic in the other thread. I'd say any Cynic fan who enjoys music outside of death metal would enjoy The Collective and probably this new album as well, just going by what I've heard of it so far.

I guess I just grew up on different stuff man, I just can't get into them (and I've tried). The only instrumental stuff I've really liked in the past was Gordian Knot and Mahavishnu Orchestra.

i just got turned on to these guys this week. i'm really enjoying what i hear. i'm a guitar player, so not a stretch.. i love their TIGHT tone.

I guess I just grew up on different stuff man, I just can't get into them (and I've tried). The only instrumental stuff I've really liked in the past was Gordian Knot and Mahavishnu Orchestra.

*shrug* I like every band mentioned in this thread by either of us. haha