New song idea...

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
After not being able to write new stuff since christmas with all the babies and bands going on I finally started writing a new song for Feared. We got 12 songs for an upcoming new album but I always like to have a one to many songs so you have more to chose from in the end.

So I need some pointers on a new song I started on yesterday. Usually when I write songs the riffs just pile up one me out of the blue but this time I'm not getting it right.

Tell me what you guys think(NOTE this is not a rate my mix, it's just a demo)

http://www.oep.se/audio/57-test.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3423189/57-test.mp3

Cheers!

EDIT replaced the guitars with the Haniak preset for Axe Fx.

Cool intro, reminds me The Haunted!
It's sounding pretty good up till now.
Do you want us to tell you where the song should go next? I think you just need to relax and don't rush up on finishing the song... Good ideas will come!

I think you just need to relax and don't rush up on finishing the song... Good ideas will come!

The thing is that I usually complete a song in 2-3 hours. Now I have had this song going for a day. Anyway last day at work tomorrow before vacation so I'll be home writing shit all summer.

Thanks for the preset btw, it sounds awesome!

It's rly ql... but it gets a little boring...because of no vocals i guess!

DAMN!!! That sounds great! Love the axe fx tone! What did you use for bass? Sounds really good. What kinda post do you do on the guitars, my axefx tone is kinda like it, but mines too bright and when I try to darking it up I loose the 3dness or it just gets dull sounding.Your guitars sound darker but are not dull sounding. Any advice?

would make a great intro track for an LP imho!
vocals often make or break a song I think
but if the songwriter doesnt feel the song you'll never like it for yourself.
compared to other of your songs this ones a bit "simple" for the guitar parts...accept that cool fast riff.
wait for the vocals and then you'll see if you want it or not

My first thought on this.. WOW the guitar just gets right up front in your face! That's awesome! I almost want to hear a little more of the drums, but this is still great. Any EQ for the guitars?

DAMN!!! That sounds great! Love the axe fx tone! What did you use for bass? Sounds really good. What kinda post do you do on the guitars, my axefx tone is kinda like it, but mines too bright and when I try to darking it up I loose the 3dness or it just gets dull sounding.Your guitars sound darker but are not dull sounding. Any advice?

Thanks dude, while this isn't a rate mix thread, the guitars doesn't have any post whatsoever. the axe preset is all there is.

Bass I'm using a Clive bass I bought couple of months ago. Just smack the shit out of it with the compressor.

would make a great intro track for an LP imho!
vocals often make or break a song I think
but if the songwriter doesnt feel the song you'll never like it for yourself.
compared to other of your songs this ones a bit "simple" for the guitar parts...accept that cool fast riff.
wait for the vocals and then you'll see if you want it or not

Yeah I know... Might have to start doing the vocal melodies before I decide to ditch this song or not.

Good, but not as catchy as the other stuff you've posted earlier

That's the thing! I'm not feeling the vibe.

Thanks guys for your input.

It's a solid set of riffs, Ola, but I think you're capable of better. It doesn't 'flow' as well as your older tracks, and almost like you're forcing it to the point that it's starting to sound by-the-numbers.

It could ultimately end up being a more vocal-driven track though. If you really drill your singer to come up with some 'sick flows' it could really take it all up a notch.

It's a solid set of riffs, Ola, but I think you're capable of better. It doesn't 'flow' as well as your older tracks, and almost like you're forcing it to the point that it's starting to sound by-the-numbers.

It could ultimately end up being a more vocal-driven track though. If you really drill your singer to come up with some 'sick flows' it could really take it all up a notch.

Thanks Ermin, you totally nailed it with the song being forced point.

I'm doing all the melody and lyrics for all our songs so hopefully I wont get stranded there as well...

Maybe I just need to listen to some new music to get some inspiration.

Yeah just give yourself a chance to get back into things, man. I can imagine with the kid and various other band stuff going on your mind is in a million different places. You can't do your best work unless you're grounded and totally focused eh!

Yeah just give yourself a chance to get back into things, man. I can imagine with the kid and various other band stuff going on your mind is in a million different places. You can't do your best work unless you're grounded and totally focused eh!

thanks man, I'm going to ease up on it... maybe just play guitar for the fun of it a bit.