NEW song posted from Warrel Dane's "Praises To The War Machine"

Yeah, I have no idea what the fuck he is saying there... At first I thought it was a repeat of "Yesterday was plagued with rain, like silent drops of velvet pain", but then that doesn't fit with what I think I hear on the rest of the distorted harmonies.

Guess I'll figure that out when I get the retail copy, assuming the lyrics are in the book (which I would be surprised if they're not).

Is it insane, to think the world could change
Look at how far that we have fallen
I'm a slave, I feed the fire
I'm a pawn, within this world gone so wrong

If your enemy looked you in the eyes
would you pull the switch?
would you suffer for your chosen victim?
or justify your will to be free?

The world is ruled by fools and thieves
with a flare for power and a taste for greed
now ask yourself, do you feel betrayed?
cos nothing ever changes when we pray

Look at the game, that we have chosen
Is it so wrong that we are once the death bombs
I'm a slave, I feed the fire
I'm a pawn, within this world gone so wrong

If your finger was above the trigger, would it itch?
With eyes content, your path is cold and distant

the world is dark, and the world is gray

There were times when I was feeling down
and I was on the edge

I think that's fairly correct, the only thing I honestly couldn't make out was the bolded part so I just threw something retarded in that sounded similar haha.

Edit: Yeah I'm really hoping that the lyrics are in the booklet, these are some of his best lyrics ever in my opinion.

Ah then Warrel must have pronounced sycophant wrong in God Money.

Well, he was singing in an entirely different octave (about 2000000 up, haha)... so expect it different.

Edit: Also, the word can be pronounced either way... so I'm assuming he pronounces it in which ever way feels best for the range he is singing in.

I think that's fairly correct, the only thing I honestly couldn't make out was the bolded part so I just threw something retarded in that sounded similar haha.

Edit: Yeah I'm really hoping that the lyrics are in the booklet, these are some of his best lyrics ever in my opinion.

I think the line is "That we were once the death bonds."

Man, I told myself I wasn't gonna listen to the album again till I had a physical copy in my hands, but now I kinda want to transcribe the lyrics.

Meh, fuck that.

Transcribing these lyrics is really fucking hard cos of all the effects and layering that's been done on the vocal tracks haha. It's really damn hard work - I'm practically blowing my headphones (and my ears) out to try to hear things clearly

I've always found HD280s are great for focusing on vocals. The neutral sound doesn't bring the rest of the music out as loudly, and of course blocking exterior sounds is a good help.

You just need better headphones

That could possibly be a reason, considering these are some cheap $15 RadioShack branded headphones. I'm too broke to drop ~$200 on some amazing headphones, because they have a habit of getting thrown across the room by other people in my family. For some reason.

That could possibly be a reason, considering these are some cheap $15 RadioShack branded headphones. I'm too broke to drop ~$200 on some amazing headphones, because they have a habit of getting thrown across the room by other people in my family. For some reason.

Kill and rape (this order) your family in the name of satan.

I'm still trying to figure out this part in The Day the Rats Went to War:

i am the new breed
the bastard of Adam's seed
while the poor men die, the rich men sing
monetary praises, to the war machine
the day the rats went to war
???? and the mutiny spread
throughout the moors, the day the rats went to war

I'm fairly certain the rest of the line is "the mutiny spread" but I can't tell what the beginning is.

All of the vocal effects/layers and in general how he pronounces certain words keeps messing with me. That sounds about right Chromatose, thanks.