New Song with Female Death Vocals

Snare gets completely drowned out at times, and it sounds like you're gating it; the hats get louder for the snare hits in the verse.

Generally seems like the mix is missing some low end oomph.

Snare gets completely drowned out at times, and it sounds like you're gating it; the hats get louder for the snare hits in the verse.

Generally seems like the mix is missing some low end oomph.

I added some more bite to the snare and made louder. I raised the bass-guitar for more low end, I thought it was allready too much. Maybe a lot of low end got lost because of the myspace player. I raised the volume of the vocals a bit aswell.

So yeah, I'd say maybe bring the overheads down a little bit. Alternatively, maybe remove some of those harsh frequencies that really make the crashes kind of piercing (mainly with the one crash panned over to the left).

to be true... first they said anna (our singer) sounds like trevor from black dahlia murder. we hated to hear that. :) now they say she sounds like angela... but to be true I think Angela is one of the most boring female singers out there. But thats about taste! So I hope no one feels attacked when I say I hate Arch Enemy ;)

Thanks for the help!

to be true... first they said anna (our singer) sounds like trevor from black dahlia murder. we hated to hear that. :) now they say she sounds like angela... but to be true I think Angela is one of the most boring female singers out there. But thats about taste! So I hope no one feels attacked when I say I hate Arch Enemy ;)

Thanks for the help!

I don't like Arch Enemy so much either...

but to me the last TBDM album was awesome, singing included.

I don't like Arch Enemy so much either...

but to me the last TBDM album was awesome, singing included.

I LOVE TBDM. It's not like I want to reinvent metal or something but it's getting a bit annoying if someone says "Wow, you sound awesome! Just like TBDM!", and most of those people think that BDM where the creators of metal or something and don't think about the fact that BDM just sounds like modern at the gates and other melodic death metal bands from the 90s (in the sense of the music, not the singer) because they never heard of such bands. Fucking hype...

I can start screaming just by the word deathcore...aaah. It's like every modern death metal band is now deathcore.

I LOVE TBDM. It's not like I want to reinvent metal or something but it's getting a bit annoying if someone says "Wow, you sound awesome! Just like TBDM!", and most of those people think that BDM where the creators of metal or something and don't think about the fact that BDM just sounds like modern at the gates and other melodic death metal bands from the 90s (in the sense of the music, not the singer) because they never heard of such bands. Fucking hype...

I can start screaming just by the word deathcore...aaah. It's like every modern death metal band is now deathcore.

I understand what you mean as i can't stand 99% of the "deathcore" bands out there anymore, mainly because they sound like a bad ripoff/a parody of the good bands like TBDM or All Shall Perish.

Very nice recording & mix. Great song also. OHs could come down a tad for my tastes.

As far as female vox go: I love Candace Kucsulain-WOJ!

you mean the EP with all the ballads or Devils Among Us?
I loved Devils and the new album is really good too! I think they have a live DVD coming out...hope so..i could watch Candice all day.......

I thought Candace just started to sound good in my opinion. I was in the hardcore seen for quiet long time and I always thought people like WOJ just because of the fact their singer is female. In my opinion their music was never something special whether you call their music metal or hardcore. Good live band though!

i love the WOJ sound- real nice guitar tone on the last two albums. Hope the live DVD is on its way!
Do you know by chance any of the gtr details from the recording of DEvils or American dream?
(apologies off topic!!!)

you mean the EP with all the ballads or Devils Among Us?
I loved Devils and the new album is really good too! I think they have a live DVD coming out...hope so..i could watch Candice all day.......

I meant the new album, The American Dream.

To me, from the very first album or ep till' "the devil amongst us", the band started with good stuff and got way better at every album.

Then the ballads ep came out and i didn't like it. Way too cheesy and nothing special really (whereas i liked the few melodic tracks on each previous album).

And now the new album sounds like Devils Amongst Us all, but very uninspired in terms of songwriting. I like the "vibe" on this album (very pissed/negative/bitter), but the songs sound like bad B-sides from "devils amongst us all".

Live this band rocks though. I hope the band's songwriting will be back on tracks in their next effort.

Emdprodukt
Nice guitar sound!
Nice bass!
Can you post some details on `em? )

Guitars are quadtracked. I just used my Line 6 UX2 with the Big Bottom amp and GH Sneap Edge Impulse. high-/lowpass.

Bass went into the sansamp paradriver pedal. I recorded the DI signal and the sansamp signal to get some dirt into the bass. I had the ampeg plugin on my DI signal and a lot of compression. Some EQ here and there. Thats about it. Nothing professional. :)