New Soulfly!!!!

coldshovel

Aug 19, 2003
Visit site
The new Soulfly is unreal!! If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up. ( What movie was that from?) It is so fucking killer! Bobby Burns on guitar I think, Solos,it's got solos!!!!! It reminds me more of Sepultura than Soulfly.

its sad what happened to sepultura,i was a big fan of them,they were nearly as big as pantera at one stage,there albums would got top 5 in australia,all over his fucking wife.

Every other Soulfly album is good. (First Soulfly= meh; Second Soulfly= KICKASS; Soulfly III= meh)
Same as every other post-Cavalera Sepultura album is good (First Derrick Green Sepultura "Against" album = GOOD; Second Derrick Green Sepultura= meh; 3rd Derrick Green Sepultura= okay....)
So, this Soulfly album should be good. Maybe.

iloved the first soulfly album, it was furious lyrically and musically.........the second was alriught, far too many guests on it tho....... the third one stunk the place up a bit, max by numbers ....defo interested in the newie tho...wish he'd stop with all the guest slots tho, it aint a hip hop album.........

as fer the seps , very uinterested to hear what dante 05 turns out like, not sure why they have got such a hard on for concept albums these days, always on ropey ground there.......roorback was a solid album tho, nothing amazing but had some cool songs on there, i prefered nation to against by a long long way too....

cool they both have new stuff coming out, always worth checking out,, both stil crush live, esp seps........last time i saw them was in a hole in london, opened with troops of doom!!!!, the place went absolutely apeshit, never let up from that point on.......

at leats dante 05's concept is a decent one ( the divine comedy)

mrthrax said:
its sad what happened to sepultura,i was a big fan of them,they were nearly as big as pantera at one stage,there albums would got top 5 in australia,all over his fucking wife.

Yeah, didn't Roots actually hit #1 back when it came out here?

I've just been listening to some of the new Soulfly - it does sound very good.

Whilst it still does have some of that 1 finger / 1 string riffing, it does sound a lot angrier and more old school than previous efforts.

hahaha even when max was in seps tho he sometimes only had two strings on his warlock, he loves to detune for sure :)