New Symphony X tune

My point is that we can't stop ya'll from doing what you're gonna do..but show the band some respect & don't discuss it HERE on THEIR board, that's like thumbing your nose at them in their home. They and their families DO read this board at times..are you gonna tell them to their face *yeah I couldn't be bothered to buy your cd so I just downloaded it*? I doubt it..so don't do it here either.

I think they would be for it......remember when Prelude to the Millenium came out???

Romeo was all like...don't even buy this album..just DL masquerade from somewhere.

this is the same thing......you really think SX wants their fans to spend $17 for a limited edition CD and then $30 for a Jap import???

that's $47 for a total of 10 songs.

Originally posted by Snowmaker
[B

Anyway, the real reason Japanese CDs always get bonus tracks is that, over in Japan, because of the high prices of CDs over there, it would be cheaper to import a CD from Europe or the States, so they put bonus tracks on their CDs to give the people more of a reason to buy the Japanese version of the CD. [/B]

You got it! Thats exactly the reason.

As for the debate of the extra track I wont get into it, but if you BOUGHT The Odyssey, I dont see whats wrong with asking for the extra track. Although I'll buy the Japanese release because Im a SX collector, I do not see anything wrong with someone not wanting to spend 30.00 on an import for 1 track, when they already dished money for the European version.

Originally posted by DrumRman
You got it! Thats exactly the reason.

As for the debate of the extra track I wont get into it, but if you BOUGHT The Odyssey, I dont see whats wrong with asking for the extra track. Although I'll buy the Japanese release because Im a SX collector, I do not see anything wrong with someone not wanting to spend 30.00 on an import for 1 track, when they already dished money for the European version.

Exactly.

Originally posted by Snowmaker
If you've already bought the domestic version CD, then what's the problem downloading the one song we can't/didn't get??

I paid extra for the Limited Edition of The Odyssey, I paid $17 to see them in concert. I think I'm entitled to one free song that wasn't offered to me by any other means.

Exactly!

Thanks for the insight into Japanese cd prices as well, Snowmaker.

Originally posted by Demonspell
Better yet, offer the song as a download on the official page, that way fans have no impetus for obtaining it through illegal means.

I dont think that as an option although maybe I'm wrong. That would totally defeat the purpose of why they are on Japanese releases...

HOWEVER, this time it "may" be different, because from what Romeo had said, was that the only reason "Frontiers" didnt make it on the Euro version was because the song wasnt mixed, or done in time for the deadline.

This situation may be different, but in alot of situations, its not logical to allow the Japanese bonus tracks free online... what incentive what a Japanese consumer have to buy the release then?

On an end note, I also understand where Lady Of The Oracle is coming from. I just think this situation is a little different.

Originally posted by †Russel Allen†®
Hahaha! I really can't, but this song rulz... actually the whole CD [Inspiration] rules, 'cause he picked great songs to cover... :) And, in fact, is the only Yng's CD that I'll ever have... hehehe!!

Not bad. I find also that Rainbow cover pretty good. I'm glad Jeff Scott Soto sang on that album. :)

I preferred Joe Lynn Turner as Yngwie's vocalist, I really like his voice.
Mike Vescera and Goran Erdman were also good. Yet I can't stand Mark Boals' vocals.

As far as "Masquerade" goes. I have no idea as to whether that song is different to "Masquerade 98", but it will be available one way or the other sooner or later.
Lady Of The Oracle was right. If such things need to be discussed, please don't do it openly on the board.

I also don't really dig it either that the Japanese album versions always contain special tracks, since those imports are so expensive anyway. I own a few (Japanese) versions of albums myself, yet I am not that crazy a collector to purchase an album I already have only because of one extra song, that will show up anyhow sooner or later.