New System of a Down

Mar 8, 2005
I was going to put this in the metal section but they are nu-metal and people love to flame nu-metal threads.

Well anyways, is anyone excited for the new album comming out May 17.
So far I heard three tracks and I am very impressed. :worship:

I actually don't mind System of a Down that much. I hate nu-metal so much but these guys are actually pretty creative and they don't associate themselves with hip-hop. I haven't heard any songs from theit new album though.

Heard one song, it was okay. I'll probably get the album either way, those dudes rock.

By the way they are obviously fucking metal, but your average 16 year old black metal putz prefers to judge a band by their fanbase as opposed to the actual music.

I've only heard Cigaro.. but it sounds good to me. I'm definitely going to buy the new cd.

I really like BYOB. I don't like the CD Toxicity that much, but I like all of their other CD's so far.

Their music has always been totally off the wall. Its just crazy, I personally dont get into them all that much, their guitar work is real good, but the vocals are just a little lacking, maybe thats the point. And all they do is sing about stupid stuff.....like pizza.LOL.

sonofhendrix13 said:
I actually don't mind System of a Down that much. I hate nu-metal so much but these guys are actually pretty creative and they don't associate themselves with hip-hop. I haven't heard any songs from theit new album though.

Yeah I think they are a good band but one thing really made me sick though, I purchased a rare demo of theirs called toxic traxx and it had songs they did with rappers ma$e,Wu tang Clan and Lil Kim I thought it was a joke when I first read the names and laughed out loud but then I found they are actually real songs.
:( What a shame, still they are decent band but they loose one respect point because of that :D

Raven_1959 said:
I've only heard Cigaro, but I loved it. By the way Charnee, where did you find BYOB?
wow, sorry it took me so long to respond to this.. but umm I downloaded it on WinMX. I guess you can find it anywhere now..

anyone see them perform on SNL?

I can't wait until mezmorize comes out.. ahh! and they're going to do a summer tour or something. .yessss.

Splinter said:
Their music has always been totally off the wall. Its just crazy, I personally dont get into them all that much, their guitar work is real good, but the vocals are just a little lacking, maybe thats the point. And all they do is sing about stupid stuff.....like pizza.LOL.
pizza is good

Ya IMHO aerials was much better than BYOB. Darren is a really sloppy live, wich can produce really cool things at times, but it gets old for me after awhile

New album is pretty bad from what I've heard, I don't like their use of the guitarist on vocals (at least I think it's the guitarist...)

Splinter said:

having seen them live, supported by dillinger escape plan (who i was really there for!), it surprised me how much they are really just a moshpit band- the tempo and dynamic variations are performed a lil more frequently maybe, but malakian's gonna have to have changed his style a lot if the new ones are any good- they were running out of riffs for sure i think

ænimated said:
New album is pretty bad from what I've heard, I don't like their use of the guitarist on vocals (at least I think it's the guitarist...)

Dude it's like two songs, they use him on supporting vocals for their other stuff too anyways so its not much of a change, in fact its a cool difference but its still only two songs so whats the big deal.