New tattoo/the ink thread!!

sweet. i've never been able to talk myself into making a decision about something that's gonna be on my skin for a long-ass time.

my fave:
awesome-tattoo.jpg

I've decided that instead of getting something on my back while in London this Winter, I'm going to start my right arm when I get back, instead.

Paradise0001.jpg

Possibly with the bottom half of this as the bottom:

Paradise0007.jpg

It's Gustav Dore's illustrations from Paradise Lost... the first being Lucifer's expulsion from heaven, the second being based off Milton's description of hell.

Not sure exactly on coloring, but I know I'm in love with the purple/green/black/orange combo on this dude's from the ESP forum:

03-14-08_2126.jpg

That's sweet dude, but PLEASE tell me you're not getting the iron cross, that's about as lame as a tribal :rolleyes:

And Sloan, that's fucking hysterical dude, the rip in the recliner is the best part (and why, pray tell, is it a dolphin? :lol:)

Lasse, let's see yours man!

And Sloan, that's fucking hysterical dude, the rip in the recliner is the best part (and why, pray tell, is it a dolphin? :lol:)

Lasse, let's see yours man!

dude, i don't know who's it is, some dude poasted it on some local music forum i frequent. it's the best tattoo i've ever seen ever (and i'm not really in to "the weed"). i'm also a fan of the chair rip.

One word, Marcus: AWESOME!
I loved this game too and totally get your love for canines, such wonderful creatures. couldn't believe my eyes first when I saw the pic before reading the thread, ha!
And damn, I envy all you guys, I pretty much want a tattoo for up to 7 years now, so bad! But I'm just so darn picky and choosy... you know... it better be perfect...that it prolly will never get done, argh, stupid me. Congrats on this fantastic choice, man^^

to say that ANYBODY is better than Shige is absurd. He's world renowned with elite level talent. He's like Vai.

Oh shit! The Michele Jackson one! :zombie:

Thanks guys, will do! And Socialnumb, I know you've got some hardcore ink, let's see it dude, that's just as much what this thread is for! (that goes for everyone else, as well!!)

Not that much. An unfinished sleeve and 1/2 a leg whatever thats called. All grey work and free hand (no stencil). When I get my cam back from mom I'll try and get some pics.

One word, Marcus: AWESOME!
I loved this game too and totally get your love for canines, such wonderful creatures. couldn't believe my eyes first when I saw the pic before reading the thread, ha!
And damn, I envy all you guys, I pretty much want a tattoo for up to 7 years now, so bad! But I'm just so darn picky and choosy... you know... it better be perfect...that it prolly will never get done, argh, stupid me. Congrats on this fantastic choice, man^^

Thanks a bunch dude, I really appreciate that - always great to hear from people who share my appreciation of these things, and yeah, just think of things you love for influence for your own ink; chicks dig 'em! ;)

Sorry, Marcus. I never was a huge fan of tats and dogs. I'm a tattooless cat lover. With that said though, yours looks kinda cool and Pooch of Doom looks like a sweetie.

I just had to jump in here for that useless info.

tooleye.jpg

next up is going to be a a 1/2 sleeve phoenix on each arm...on the right i want an image of a phoenix killing itself - the bird in black/gray with orange and red flames swirling around it, then the left arm will be the opposite - a red/gold phoenix being reborn with gray/black ash swirling around it. it should be pretty sick when it's all said and done, but it'll probably be a while before i get around to getting it done...GAS is still eating up all of my disposable income as of now.

Sorry, Marcus. I never was a huge fan of tats and dogs. I'm a tattooless cat lover. With that said though, yours looks kinda cool and Pooch of Doom looks like a sweetie.

I just had to jump in here for that useless info.

Hahahahahahahahhaa, thanks Radd, high praise indeed! :lol:

And Kurtz, that's badass as all hell dude - is it all Alex Grey stuff, or just the eye? And the Phoenix idea sounds incredible, can't wait to see it, but naturally I hear ya about cash! (though I still can't believe my most recent was $180 including color down the road - god bless central NY!)

yea, it's all alex grey stuff...actually everything in the tattoo came from the artwork in tool's lateralus album art

i'd have to say that the guy pretty much nailed it...

lateraluscdslev1.jpg

lateraluscdslev3.jpg

I'm getting something on saturday too. on my arm. I'm thinking of a little demon/demonic character having a bloody chainsaw it is hand and a lonely severed head lying somewhere close. hehe, I like gory stuff.

One I was thinking was to have a marshall knob on 11. dunno where still. outside my palm maybe?

Cool tats btw!

Thanks dude! (if that was directed at me ;)). The Marshall knob going to 11 is AWESOME, but the demon/chainsaw/severed head thing, eek...are you sure you really wanna have that on you the rest of your life? o_O