My new tattoo...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Unfortunately, neither artist I commissioned to cover-up the tattoo on my right shoulder (which I am disastisfied with) created a design that excited me (I'll keep looking). So, I went to Plan B, which was to get a tattoo from Valentin of La Suerte on my left calf. He has one of the most impressive tattoo portfolios I've ever seen.

This was taken moments after completion:

Tattoo1.jpg

I've always wanted a tribal dragon. While it's not the most unique design on the planet, I just love it. I'm thrilled with the quality of his artwork and now have my fingers crossed that the healing process goes smoothly.

Zod

Thanks. I'm real happy with the quality of the design and the artwork.

I've been getting some odd, premature flaking that I'm a bit concerned about. However, so far, it looks like it's healing OK. I've got my fingers crossed. I figure, worst case scenario, I have to go to a local artist for some touch up. It's all black, so it's not that big a deal.

Zod

It looks pretty cool, but everyone and their half sister has got tattoos with that tribal-ish touch nowadays, so you won't exactly stand out from the crowd (not saying that was your intention, though!)

Henrik Main said:
It looks pretty cool, but everyone and their half sister has got tattoos with that tribal-ish touch nowadays, so you won't exactly stand out from the crowd (not saying that was your intention, though!)
Thanks, and I agree it lacks originality. However, I think the size, the design and the quality of the artwork make it quite striking. And while you obviously want other people to think highly of anything you get put on your body, in the end, I got it cause I wanted it, and I'm very happy with it.

Zod

pretty cool zod, it may be a tribal one but it's a little more unique than most

i'm still contemplating my next tattoo, cuz i want another real bad but i dunno exactly what i want

*yippee*

I think JayK and I (and maybe lurch) are going to go to a show at NorthSix tomorrow night, to see TheSword (some stoner rockish Sabbath-like band). It's like $12, so really, I don't care if they're good or not. Plus, Duff's Brooklyn (THE metal bar of the 5 boroughs) is like, right there. So we can be stupid. And drunk. :)

MadeInNewJersey said:
I think JayK and I (and maybe lurch) are going to go to a show at NorthSix tomorrow night, to see TheSword (some stoner rockish Sabbath-like band). It's like $12, so really, I don't care if they're good or not. Plus, Duff's Brooklyn (THE metal bar of the 5 boroughs) is like, right there. So we can be stupid. And drunk. :)
Is this a definite? If so, drop me an e-mail or a call, and let me know the details.

Zod