New to Dan Swano...little help?

bass_lover1

\m/ metal head \m/
Apr 28, 2005
Florida
Ok, so I'm a little new to Dan Swano, but I'm well aware who he is, but I'm more interested in his music than his personal story.

I've downloaded a few EoS songs and stuff, of course I love all of it, except the few songs that managed to sneak in there with the new vocalist.

I went out and bought CrimsonI, CrimsonII, Purgatory Afterglow, as well as Moontower, and Alive Again.

I figure this is a good start in his works, but I'm aware that he has a few other projects, and I'd like to know more about them, or any other Swano piece that you reccomend.

I like all metal really, so lets hear what you got ;).

Thanks.

Odyssey is awesome, we need more of these clean vocals!
All of Bloodbath
All of Infestdead
Unicorn
All the other Nightingale albums you are missing, start with The Breathing Shadow and "I"

Which EOS songs got your attention initially? I'm sure you'll end up getting the Unorthodox and Spectral Sorrows albums as well, and those two go with Crimson I as my favorite from EOS.

Odyssey and Unicorn are gonna be tough to find, as they are not the most well known from Dan, but Tumn is right that they kick ass. There are only 3 Odyssey songs total, from a single EP. From Unicorn, see if you can find "Emotional Wasteland"

I'd add that you should pick up a CD from the Pan-Thy-Monium project, since the "Kahoos and Konfusion" album shouldn't be too hard to find. If you like that one, get the rest and you'll have a nice little adventure. Hehe.

By the way, I live in North Tampa. \m/

Tumn said:
Odyssey is awesome, we need more of these clean vocals!
All of Bloodbath
All of Infestdead
Unicorn
All the other Nightingale albums you are missing, start with The Breathing Shadow and "I"

after that you should buy all the albums dan has ever been involved in...which is more than a 100.:hotjump:

but seriously now,bass lover...Erik "Maron", the bald sexy bass player for Nightingale posts here so you can disturb him while he takes his rest from slapping the strings.

Metal88 said:
Which EOS songs got your attention initially? I'm sure you'll end up getting the Unorthodox and Spectral Sorrows albums as well, and those two go with Crimson I as my favorite from EOS.

Odyssey and Unicorn are gonna be tough to find, as they are not the most well known from Dan, but Tumn is right that they kick ass. There are only 3 Odyssey songs total, from a single EP. From Unicorn, see if you can find "Emotional Wasteland"

I'd add that you should pick up a CD from the Pan-Thy-Monium project, since the "Kahoos and Konfusion" album shouldn't be too hard to find. If you like that one, get the rest and you'll have a nice little adventure. Hehe.

By the way, I live in North Tampa. \m/

Well actually, I was turned onto them because a friend of mine let me borrow Crimson...I love prog metal (I'm a huge Opeth fan). Also, from the small collection of EoS stuff I do have, Twilight off Purgatory Afterglow has to be about my favorite song so far, but all are awesome.

I'll look into both of those, hopefully I can find something.

That's right, that was the other project I thought I heard about before.

Good stuff, actually I go to USF I'm down there on Tuesdays and Thursdays usually.

bass_lover1 said:
Ok, so I'm a little new to Dan Swano, but I'm well aware who he is, but I'm more interested in his music than his personal story.

I've downloaded a few EoS songs and stuff, of course I love all of it, except the few songs that managed to sneak in there with the new vocalist.

I went out and bought CrimsonI, CrimsonII, Purgatory Afterglow, as well as Moontower, and Alive Again.

I figure this is a good start in his works, but I'm aware that he has a few other projects, and I'd like to know more about them, or any other Swano piece that you reccomend.

I like all metal really, so lets hear what you got ;).

Thanks.

EoS is defunct now, to my knowledge, and there's only one album that features the new guy singing (Cryptic). So long as you don't buy Cryptic, you'll be fine.

Otherwise, buy everything else that EoS produced, all of Nightingale, and Dan also sings on some other assorted albums which hopefully other posters will sort out for you. In my collection, outside of Nightingale, Moontower, EoS, and Bloodbath, he sings on Therion's Lucid Dreaming and Theli albums.

bass_lover1 said:
Good stuff, actually I go to USF I'm down there on Tuesdays and Thursdays usually.

Whoa, cool! I graduated from USF about eh....3 semesters ago? So I have a BS degree now. :tickled: Isn't it great how there are so many Swanö fans on that campus? Wait, did I say Swanö? I meant Dr. Dre. Almost. :yuk:

Naglfar said:
EoS is defunct now, to my knowledge, and there's only one album that features the new guy singing (Cryptic). So long as you don't buy Cryptic, you'll be fine.

Otherwise, buy everything else that EoS produced, all of Nightingale, and Dan also sings on some other assorted albums which hopefully other posters will sort out for you. In my collection, outside of Nightingale, Moontower, EoS, and Bloodbath, he sings on Therion's Lucid Dreaming and Theli albums.

Well, on the few songs I have off Infernal, it doesn't sound like his style, which could be why I thought he wasn't signing here.

By Wednesday or Thursday I should have a few more on order (payday), namely two BloodBath albums, two more Nightingale albums, and probably some other stuff.

Swanö is always worth it...unless it's something like 300US$ for a "Heavy Metal Machine" EP...rock tonajt!!!!
(it has the old opeth aka Mike,Peter and Anders(Nordin) with Dan on high screamo power metal)

well, i am also newly turned on to swano, pretty much through opeth (in case that's not obvious :)...) and am really happy about the quality of his work!

i just plan on getting everything... :)