new to symphony X

winter_madness

New Metal Member
Jan 3, 2006
Australia
so i decided to check these guys out. i always thought they were some other "power metal" band with cheesy vocals and repetative sounds..which i ignored to listen to them until i finally decided to check them out :p
i just listened to some samples from v: the new mythology suite, and fell in love with it. every song sounds so classic and epic :) :), and the vocals aren't chessy at all! very different from other power/progressive bands. (i assume they are power?) anyway, very awesome stuff.

what other albums should i check out or listen to? whats their best album in your opinion?
i shall be getting this CD soon :)

Yeah the self-titled album is probably their best, check out that one. Then go for The Divine Wings of Tragedy. All their albums are increadible though.

Considering the fact that tonight is the first night of Passover....

Shalom Alechem, and whale cum to the best forum ever.

The best album to get into after Divine Wings or The Oddysey in my opinion is either V or Twilight. That decision is up to you.

Check out the Divine Wings of Tragedy. The whole album is one hell of a ride; you'll like "Accolade" and the epic title track. If you loved the majestic sound of V, then you'll be floored by these tracks (heck, the whole CD!).

NoSoup4you said:
Everything Else > Self-Titled

If you would have stopped there, you would have had my oppinion. Damnation and Twilight don't really have as many memorable songs, but they also don't have rod :lol: Oh well, oppinions are like assholes.... so i guess i'm just one gigantic oppinion :D