new to symphony X

I think it's called Progressive Metal for a reason, it's mainly metal but with a progressive aspect. If SX were more Prog than metal then it would say "File under Metalessive Prog. Although it doesn't make sense, it also does.

their so prog that dont even have to say it :Smug: lol

but on that new from insideout ad in the symphony x albums calls them symphonic progressive power metal thats good enough for me lol

winter_madness said:
are these guys power metal?
is this one of the most well-known bands of classical metal? (in a sence of muse in classical rock)
probably the most well known prog-power metal band. i won't say "power metal" by itself because that is reserved more for guys like Sonata Arctica.

Hammerfall is what happens when you take the words Power and Metal, and make them have a drunken orgy with Helloween and Judas Priest. Then when they're born, give it a guitar and a pet dragon, tell them it's the Holy Diver, and tell them to ride their pet dragon over the rainbow to destroy the evil wizard while chanting the words "By the helm of Valhala and the Hammer of Olympus, the Gods shall reign victorious!!!", then save the princess and restore peace and order to the land.

In short, Hammerfall is what happens when you listen to too much Dio, even though that's not possile in this or any other realm of existence.

Ptah Khnemu said:
In short, Hammerfall is what happens when you listen to too much Dio, even though that's not possile in this or any other realm of existence.
So now hammerfall is a paradox that cannot exist, yet is at the same time one of the strongest forces in metal.

Fuckin' sweet. If i ever get an interview, i'm totally going to tell Joacim that he doesn't exist.

DoomsdayZach said:
They are so progressive that they need it to be stated twice? Fuckin' bloody hell!

:lol:

MrFast said:
Yeah, the same thing happened to Metallica itself... It tried to be like itself in the 80s and became nu-metal :D

Larx just said they are going back to the old days for some of thier songs on the next album.

"This time around we've each brought in ideas as we used to - as well as working on some jams we had from two summers ago - and James and I are sorting through our CDs of riffs to put together stuff back as we did in the day."

"The new stuff is much more organic, more old school. It certainly doesn't feel like 'St.Anger' Part Two"

"six or seven" songs are nearly compete, although they don't have the vocals sorted out yet.

The album is due for release in early 2007.

I'm actually somewhat anxious for that. Not alot, but now I'm actually interested to see how it turns out.

I just want either: To add another reason as to why I hate metallica...
Or: A reason to stop hating Metallica somewhat.

I'll be incredibly dissapointed if my response to the new album would be "meh".. It should be either one extremity or the other.