New to the board

Originally posted by rustymetal
What sort of music do you play??

Well it's a nice blend of a few different styles from melodic death to doom and everywhere in between. Rick's voice has a beautiful low tenor when he sings clean and a viscious growl when he screams. Guitars are very orchestral, lots of harmonies, the drums are unique and non-traditional and the bass is smooth and melodic. The synths are subtle and rich and I couldn't be having more fun with the guys. I went out drinking with them and puked for the first time in several years.

Don't mix tequilla and beer!!!

Welcome Paul!

Starting tomm, I wont be around here anymore, but I just made this special little exception to say welcome man. I loved October Thorns and was at every show, I used to be freinds of Chawki, and alot of his friends as well hehe, also I used to share a rehersal room with Dina from The Aphelion at Fast Lanes, you might have heard of my old band "Immortal Flesh". Ive heard some stuff about Chawki, that I wont repeat here, but I hope all is well, and wish him all the best. As well as Jofu, who I still see at Lamours every now and then. You might have also heard of one of my closest friends band Exit to Eternity...Well yeah, I stopped posting here, but I really wanted to say Hi...so Good luck with whatever you are doing now man...You are trully talented, sad to see October Thorns go, but hopefully bigger and better things await.

Take Care Paul..

-Elliot

Originally posted by Grey Skies Fallen5
Well it's a nice blend of a few different styles from melodic death to doom and everywhere in between. Rick's voice has a beautiful low tenor when he sings clean and a viscious growl when he screams. Guitars are very orchestral, lots of harmonies, the drums are unique and non-traditional and the bass is smooth and melodic. The synths are subtle and rich and I couldn't be having more fun with the guys. I went out drinking with them and puked for the first time in several years.

Don't mix tequilla and beer!!!

If you pull it off as well as you describe it, it should be pretty damn good. I'll try it out :).

Elliot-

I really appreciate the coomments on Thorns. It was a rough break-up and it's good to see that so many people remember us.

I've definitely heard of all the bands you've been a part of but sadly haven't seenany of them!! Let me know when you play out next.

Are you going to the Kreator show at L'Amours? We should hve a few beers.

I love the Aphelion, I saw them at the Evoken show and was completely floored. Dina is amazing.

Drop me a line- Let's stay in touch.

monkeyfingertoes@yahoo.com

Hey!!! I saw you guys, Grey Skies Fallen, open for Opeth in NJ.
I actually knew about you before the concert and was looking forward to hearing you play live.
It seems I'm always on the web hearing things... lol. I saw a review on HC of the Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier one of you guys use... I was wondering how you get your heavy sound?
Anyway, you guys certaintly were very good live...
Your lead singer has a good voice and you guys sounded very polished. One of the very best bands I heard that night! Well... I must be honest most of the bands did suck, and the actual room acoustics also were also quite bad... lol!

Anyone into Doom metal, should definitely check this band out!!!

Steve

Thanks again. Rick has a Boogie and plays mostly in dropped C# with a Les Paul. Pretty thick.

I just joined the band a few weeks ago and my first show tih them will be opening for Six Feet Under on Sept.28th at L'Amours.
If anyone wants $10 tix, let me know.