new to the board

ricochet

ghetto philosopher
Jul 7, 2001
behind closed eyelids
Visit site
Hello,

I have been coming to this board for several months now. I just haven't posted any messages until this point. Anyway, it is obvious why I'm here. I just thought I'd introduce myself to the board. I am 17 years old and first heard Opeth in late '99 while looking for something "different" on mIRC. It's safe to say that I found something different. The first songs that I heard were from Morningrise. I downloaded many different bands of the same or similar style, but I hadn't really gotten into the death metal vocals yet so I was still turned off by a lot of the music. The first Opeth song I heard was To Bid You Farewell, and I thought it was brilliant. I kept listening and very quickly became obsessed. At the same time, my older brother gave me an Iron Maiden tribute album that has an Opeth cover of "Remember Tomorrow". I really liked their cover of the song, and knew that I had found something special. I found this board through the Opeth website and started reading the messages and developed a kinship with the people here. I felt that I had a lot in common with many of you based on your descriptions of yourselves, ideas, and views. This is definitely the most intelligent forum I have ever been on, and there are a lot of interesting and informative topics discussed. Anyway, it's kind of hard to think right now because of the happenings of today. I don't know why I chose today to make my first post, but I did. I will become more familiar with everyone, and you will have a chance to get to know me more. I think that I will learn a lot from the people here or open my eyes a little more to certain issues. Ok, well I am gonna go watch the news some more now. Nice to officially meet all of you.

One of the more sincere.

It'd odd... I can't even muster a "harass the new guy - prepare for the hazing rituals"-type post today. The little bit of humour I had left was used on the 'tootsie pop' discussion. Sigh.

Anyways, where the hell have you been, dude? You're an Opethian, we need to hear from you! Write much stuff, please.

Welcome to the forum. Cheese and crackers are to your right, Xtokalon's philosophy class is down the hall, and Opeth will be on the main stage all night long. Orchid will be busy battening down those hatches, apparently... does that mean Hearse has to swab the poop deck?

Heh - I guess I had a little more humour left in me.

It's nice to see that even amoungst the chaos, you seek a place for comfort and discussion, and it's good to see this place being your choice.

Welcome.

Welcome to the board! :)

I was known as LadyOfTheSnow! After a prodding from Pancakes I've decided to return! Thanks Pancakes for letting me know that I'm wanted back! The thing is... I couldn't get my old nick back so I went with this new nick instead.

Nice to meet you!

~OMG~ My post count sucks again! :OMG: