New to the forum.

Deliverance6

Jun 4, 2003
Ann Arbor Michigan U.S.
Visit site
Finally able to post. I was having a hard time there. I have read most of the forum stuff and am looking forward to communication with you all. I am a long time fan of katatonia/october tide/diabolical/ basically anything Jonas and the guys have been involved in.
The VE theory is quite interesting Varg. I had not thought of it like that untill I read what you had to say about it. It actually makes sense to me, although whether or not jonas intended it to be profoundly obvious or not, or even intended for us to be aware of such a thing I dont know. Very interesting indeed.
I feel honored to be a part of an inquisitive group of people who have a sincere interest about my favorite subject KATATONIA. You will be seeing alot of me on here. I dont know what Russel did to get me able to post but thanx. :worship:

Thanks and wellcome to the family :)
You'll soon find out that I'm the Daddy in this family. Hargh hargh...

This forum could easily confuse you though. You think like "omg, this must be where the biggest katatonia-fans in the world meets!". It's not, and you'll find that out as well. People having their nicks after a katatonia-song, or something about katatonia, just like a competition in "WHO'S THE BIGGEST FAN?". "Well I am, because my name is from a katatonia-lyric, and so is my sign, and my picture is from an album!! Aahh! I'm the biggest fan!" That's just pathetic. I thing everybody should have an own nick, own picture etc. not stolen from a band to show that they are so OMG big fans.
My point is: lemme see some intelligence in the forums, discuss deep and interesting things about katatonia -lyrics and -feelings. That's my opinion how you get respect in i forum, not by having a katatonia-pic, katatonia-nick, katatonia-sign. Be proud guys... :p

And as I said... Wellcome dude!

Thanx for the welcome Varg. And I agree. This is the first forum that I have been involved in and I am not the most computer literate person, that is why I havnt been able to post for a long time. I also am not the brightest candle in the box. Katatonia has had a deep and lasting effect within me though and I am completely interested in having found some like minded people to share my enthusiasm with.Thanx

Welcome, Deliverance. I'm glad you came out of the shadows to finally come and join us.

Hehe, that's right, Varg. Making a walking billboard out of yourself doesn't necessarily make you more important than someone else; otherwise that would be missing the point of participating in a forum.

Deliverance6, that's right... and like, most of the ppl here wants to see Katatonia on MTV... that explains alot about the guys here... :)

"Welcome, Deliverance. I'm glad you came out of the shadows to finally come and join us."

We're all in the shadows, otherwise, stop listen to katatonia! :)

And yes :)

Deliverance came out of the shadows of the mainstream world, and stepped through our dark veil. ;)

Yeah, that's more like it. But I wouldn't call mainstream "shadows", but "plastic, computer-made, fake, over produced shit - world or something like that... hehe :p

Thanx for the welcome everybody. I think youll find me a competant katatonia enthusiast. As for mainstream shadows,HAHA. I cant say whether Ive ever been in those. :) I WAS a heroin junkie for 9 years though. :Smokin: I think that has something to do with my bouts of depression etc. Thus leading me to the music I love.
That part of my life was a bad time. Im not shy to talk about my being sober today. Have been for a couple years. Katatonia was a part of my life most of that time. From BMD on till now. I got sober when LFDGD came out. I can personally relate with the emotions associated with ALL Katatonia songs. I actually have the money(these days) to be a collector of Katatonia stuff. I am a Katatonia enthusiast in my heart.
So there it is, on the line.

Delivarence, you seem like a guy like me, who likes the deeper in katatonia, the feelings etc. Nice to have someone here sharing that.... I got surprised when I got here and ppl only talked about V.E. and L.F.D.G.D - the rocky albums :)

@Varg: so why don't you look at the mentioned points from a bit another point of view. i'm quite sure almost everyone here is interested and likes "the deeper" Katatonia as you do.. but maybe don't like to talk in detail about it. for me is their music pretty personal and i mostly wanna keep it so and discuss some other aspects, not necessarily touching the pulsating core if you know what i mean ;)
to peel feelings off here, layer by layer, don't make anyone more concerned, devoted or 'true'.
not to forget that not everyone has the time to sit all day long in front of the pc.

We are all here for a reason. Whether your reason is the same as mine is irrelevant to me. I am here for All things Katatonia. If its personal, thats OK with me. If you want to keep it on a level of your preferance, that suits me as well. I could give a fuck about who thinks they are better than me. Im just an ordinary guy, who has happened opon an extrordinary band that has fortunately had a profound and lasting effect on my life. I AM GRATEFUL to have that in my life. MANY DONT.

Drynwhyl, yeah, I understand... But the thing is that I would like everyone here to express their feelings about the songs/albums and katatonia in whatever way... We all could be buddies you know, share deep things :)
C'mon girl, share your feelings ;)