New to this board - Some comments and requests...

Wow...I've only frequented this board in passing in the past (although I'm a big fan), but Rakosh told me there was a fairly active group of regulars here that kept things going...

...thanks, buddy!

Anyway...I'm certainly not complaining about PPUSA (cuz I love it so much and admire Glenn for having the stones...), but the 45 minutes kinda blows. TM either volunteered, or it was mandated that the 3rd slot (that night) would be 45 minutes (it would normally be a full hour) cuz the 'Tage boys will be taking a bit more time for their slot (which is very special as well...so no complaints here!)

All in all...I'm grateful to see TM play...I view it like Edguy at PPIII (an hour, WTF?...my god, they kicked ass...and probably earned the headline spot they have now)...also Threshold kicked ass in a 3rd spot at PPIII...last year, Vanden Plas did an excellent job as well (left me wanting so much more)...

But I look at it this way...those bands came here, kicked ass, paid their dues, and earned (gained) some much-needed recognition in the states...shit...you should see the ignorant responses I get when I wear my Threshold and Vanden Plas t-shirts in South Texas...it's so sad...

In a nutshell, I think that's the beauty of the PPUSA experience (and the whole point)...exposure...and a shot at more prestige and recognition the next time around.

TM has got 45 minutes to kick ass...and I'm afraid it will be a mighty ass-kickin'!

I know I'll be left wanting more...but I can't wait!

Rock on!

ashaman7122 said:
Wow...I've only frequented this board in passing in the past (although I'm a big fan), but Rakosh told me there was a fairly active group of regulars here that kept things going...

All in all...I'm grateful to see TM play...I view it like Edguy at PPIII (an hour, WTF?...my god, they kicked ass...and probably earned the headline spot they have now)...also Threshold kicked ass in a 3rd spot at PPIII...last year, Vanden Plas did an excellent job as well (left me wanting so much more)...

But I look at it this way...those bands came here, kicked ass, paid their dues, and earned (gained) some much-needed recognition in the states...shit...you should see the ignorant responses I get when I wear my Threshold and Vanden Plas t-shirts in South Texas...it's so sad...

In a nutshell, I think that's the beauty of the PPUSA experience (and the whole point)...exposure...and a shot at more prestige and recognition the next time around.

TM has got 45 minutes to kick ass...and I'm afraid it will be a mighty ass-kickin'!

I know I'll be left wanting more...but I can't wait!

Rock on!

While I am very much looking forward to seeing the Savatage "thingy" and Edguy, Tad Morose is THE band I want to see there. I am counting the days.

As far as Vanden Plas last year...... it is impossible to have my ass kicked any harder. They are my favorite band and my expectations for them were sky high and they surpassed it. Andy is an amazing frontman and those harmony vocals were incredible. They didn't miss a note. SX was great as usual and Pagans Mind also impressed me quite a bit. Pagans mind almost has an unfair advantage. Stian and Jorn Viggo are one of the best drummers and guitarists in the business respectively.
I guess you missed Prog Power II because that Friday third slot was magical then as well. Angel Dust had it at PP II and they absolutely mowed down the crowd. Edguy had it at PPIII and Vanden Plas at PPIV. Tad Morose has the reigns this year. I am excited just thinking about it.

Bryant

I shouldn't even comment on any of this, Bryant...you are right on the money on all counts...speaking nothing but the factual truth...

I will say...that I do like your use of the word "thingy"...it need to make a comeback, no?

Rock on!

I definitely wanted more after Vanden Plas. They did'nt play a whole lot from Beyond Daylight. I would of rather had them at Rage's spot.

Although I did'nt like Nightwish then about a month after I fell in love with that band :worship:
hopefully I will get another chane to see them. Sx if my 5th favorite band and Evergrey is right behind them.
As for this year Adagio is the band and I wish their forum was as actice as this one.

dargormudshark said:
I definitely wanted more after Vanden Plas. They did'nt play a whole lot from Beyond Daylight. I would of rather had them at Rage's spot.

Although I did'nt like Nightwish then about a month after I fell in love with that band :worship:
hopefully I will get another chane to see them. Sx if my 5th favorite band and Evergrey is right behind them.
As for this year Adagio is the band and I wish their forum was as actice as this one.

I don't know Glenn presonally, but given the fact he gave them a second chance after bailing out of PPII, he must be impressed with them. I expect them to return if they keep putting out the material they have been.

If the Adagio MB is dead, go wake it up. Just talk about anything. Sometimes I feel bad about being so off-topic here, but if someone new comes in, then the TM stuff gets talked about again.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I don't know Glenn presonally, but given the fact he gave them a second chance after bailing out of PPII, he must be impressed with them. I expect them to return if they keep putting out the material they have been.

If the Adagio MB is dead, go wake it up. Just talk about anything. Sometimes I feel bad about being so off-topic here, but if someone new comes in, then the TM stuff gets talked about again.

Bryant

I have tried but not alot of people know about it. It's an unofficial forum, It should be the official though. Their offical forum is all in french.

Bryant said:

Bryant

Took your advice and their are some posts on it now, you should get on it too if you like them. Help me wake it up.