New toy... dvd burner

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Picked up a new toy, a stand alone (not in the pc) DVD burner. I'm currently going through all of my old vhs tapes and putting stuff on dvd. Found a Twisted Sister MTv concert from 1984, an Ozzy MTv concert from 1984 and an April Wine show from 1981. I'm going to do some more digging today.... this thing is a blast!!

Who else here has a burner? If I remember right Six said he had one, and Carnut.

If anyone would like to trade some dvd's let me know.

Greeno said:
Picked up a new toy, a stand alone (not in the pc) DVD burner. I'm currently going through all of my old vhs tapes and putting stuff on dvd. Found a Twisted Sister MTv concert from 1984, an Ozzy MTv concert from 1984 and an April Wine show from 1981. I'm going to do some more digging today.... this thing is a blast!!

Who else here has a burner? If I remember right Six said he had one, and Carnut.

If anyone would like to trade some dvd's let me know.

ooooh I'll trade for the April Wine show....I'll have to look and see what I have that you may be interested in. :wave: Kristy

I have a DVD burner but on the PC, have copied many DVDs even with protection :devil:
costumed-smiley-058.gif

Although a stand alone will be cool to save some VHS too.

kittybeast said:
ooooh I'll trade for the April Wine show....I'll have to look and see what I have that you may be interested in. :wave: Kristy

Cool! PM me a list of stuff you have and your address.

I ran into a road block though. I can't seem to burn the copies I make with the stand alone on the pc dvd burner. Have to figure that one out yet, but I could just make your copy from the vhs.

Wyvern said:
I have a DVD burner but on the PC, have copied many DVDs even with protection :devil:
costumed-smiley-058.gif

Although a stand alone will be cool to save some VHS too.

Do you have any concerts on dvd?

Greeno said:
Do you have any concerts on dvd?

Motorhead, Nightwish, Candlemass, Star One, Rick Wakeman, Deep Purple so far. I'm not very fond of DVD actually :loco:

Mine shit the bed a couple of months ago, but I plan on replacing it with a higher end unit...
I guess sometime after I file my taxes....
I had dough to pick one up from best buy, but elected to get other stuff and music... Those thigs are fucking killer though!

For Christmas I got a dvd burner for my pc. It's still in the box. I'm looking forward in learning how to use it :) Sorry Greeno I don't have anything to trade :(

I ain't got squat to trade, nor much ability to burn dvds (other than data), but I sure would like to have a 1981 April Wine concert if the quality is good! I'd trade money, blanks or cd burns.

1981 should've been Nature of the Beast tour, just before they wussed out with Power Play. I adore early April Wine. Got the April Wine Collection, 4 disc set that pretty much covers their early career. Kick ass 70s hard rock!

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
1981 should've been Nature of the Beast tour, just before they wussed out with Power Play.
:tickled:
I sure don't know squat about this band, I have heard people rave about them though. I know they are Candian and they play rock n roll....
I can say I have heard some songs, but couldn't even give you titles...
My brother had this "Power Play" record that you mentioned. To me it was "pop" which I had no interest in hearing at that time....

Power Play was very pop, Sixxi, very AOR on the level of Survivor. Please don't judge them on that album. Go back and take a look at Nature of the Beast (totally fucking awesome songs and their best album, IMO). I had Harder...Faster and First Glance (the two albums that preceded Nature) when I was growing up and they jammed my stereo often. But really, they have great songs going back through their entire 70s catalogue and many you've heard on classics radio. The problem is they don't really have any good "best of"s, except the one I have. And it's really hard to find. Their Greatest Hits 2003 Live album has a really good songlist, but I can't vouch for quality as I've never heard it. My suggestion is if you ever see a used April Wine album that was originally released before 1982, BUY IT. It won't suck, I can guarantee you that.

NP: Triumph - Allied Forces

First Glance is my personal fave! Except the track 'Comin' Right Down On Top Of Me' :yuk: Great Oldschool Hard Rock!

From April Wine's Website:

Myles Goodwyn, who produced First Glance, decided that this would be a true "rock" record, with no soft rock or easy listening music on it.

The album's third single, Roller, was considered too heavy to be released as a single, but in an extremely unusual move, the programmers at a radio station in Flint, Michigan, took it upon themselves to play the song anyway. Roller immediately became a top request number, and the song eventually became a Top 30 hit in the U.S.

First Glance became April Wine's first gold record outside Canada, and this album is credited with bringing "Canada's best kept secret" out into the open.

:headbang:

Well, I don't actually have a stand alone DVD burner, but through the TV card in my computer I can record straigth of a videoplayer, so it's in fact the same thing. I got some great and super rare oldschool stuff on DVD, but you'll have to stand in line, still need to copy some stuff for Greeno first ;-)

I have a boatload of Scorps DVD, some Edguy, Ozzy, Tesla, AcDc, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd and a couple rockthology

Rockthology 5: Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Sepultura, Thin Lizzy, Exodus, Death Angel & Testament

Rockthology II: Ozzy, Lita Ford, Scorpions, Yngwie, Judas Priest, Dio, Doro, Queensryche

hard-n-heavy: Sabbath, Deep Purple, Priest, Ozzy, Thin Lizzy, Queensryche (just noticed it's mispelled on the cover), Scorps, White Lion, L.A. guns, Kingdom Come, Vixen, Bowie, Nirvana, Exodus, Gwar

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

kittybeast said:
a bit off topic but still re: April Wine. I've always wanted to hear a metal band cover: 'Crash and Burn' excellent kick ass song!:headbang:
Definitely, Kitty! That song is so heavy, all a metal band would have to do is speed it up a tad, crunch up the guitar tone, and voila! A metal song just the way it is.

NP: Nightwish - Once

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Definitely, Kitty! That song is so heavy, all a metal band would have to do is speed it up a tad, crunch up the guitar tone, and voila! A metal song just the way it is.

NP: Nightwish - Once

Yea I always loved that song. It has a very heavy production and was used in a movie I saw once. It was about some kid going the wrong way. When he steals a car and drives through the showroom windows they played 'Crash and Burn". :headbang: