New toy: I'm a happy man

here is the new beast!!!!!
Dual rectifier dual channel, don't know what's the production date

100_0673.jpg

It really crushes!!! My tech Changed the transformer to european voltage and did a bias mod so now I have a better and warmer tone and I don't have to mind about mesa tubes, just buy the ones I like, plug 'em on and set the right bias.

and here you can see my other jewels: 5150 mk1, Usa Jackson RR1, Schecter C7 BlackJack
100_0681.jpg

Asap clips and impulses!!!
I waited a lot, my tech was kinda busy!! but now I'm so fucking happy
can't wait to mic it!!!

and here a big middle finger to you all from the bald guy (me)

100_0682.jpg

Nice... I have the same one mfg June 1999. Supposedly the two channel versions sound better than the 3. I never put it to the test with the new ones but I love mine. I've never had any problems with it in 4 years. If you want the production date, you can contact Mesa with the serial number and they will tell you. Via email I guess (probably wouldn't want to call from Italy). I've called them a couple times and they are very helpful. :headbang:

Do you like the Mesa better than your 5150?

cobhc said:
bastard.................

eheheh cool thing is that a used dual channel bought in the us and shipped here with all customs and mod I have done, has costed me less than a used european version.
I paid a total of 1400 €, here in Italy I found the same amp for 1600€, they're crazy.....
The only bad thing is that I paid 250€ for customs :erk::cry:

Coprosatanica said:
I've called them a couple times and they are very helpful. :headbang:

Yep they're very professional, I sent an email months ago and they replied very faster

Coprosatanica said:
Do you like the Mesa better than your 5150?

Uhm well I like the mesa better for crunch stuff and 5150 for lead sounds.
This combo is amazing!!!!!! I plugged my schecter in and I had the nevermore sound !!! great sound indeed.
The dual channel is really tight, a way more tighter than the 2001's three channel, less low end I may say.

EtherForBreakfast said:
kao - delicious! All Jackson lovers are good in my book. nice score.

You have to see the guitarrist is playing in my band:
1 SL1 USA
1 RR1 USA
1 Gibson LesPaul custom (amazing guitar)
1 Gibson Sg
1 Schecter 7string (don't know the model, was an old one, before they started doing blackjack and hellraiser c7)
1 Peavey Wolfgang fixed bridge
and a boogie Dual three channel
He got a lot of gear because is working as an engineer for ENI (an Italian petrol company)

Anyway I 'll post clips as I promised

kev said:
juicy! I bet the hughes and kettner rocks

Well is a 200watt digital amplifier, it's the Zenamp (cousin of the world famous Zentera from H&K as well), but it's not loud, it's like a practice amp....
I don't know why I bought it.... sometimes I made mistakes with gear, and that was a big mistake, paid something like 1200 Euros (2 years ago) and now it costs used something like 400:cry:(H&K is giving it away new for 600 Euros)
So I think I won't sell it.
The sound is not bad, better than a Line6 FlextoneIII, it's got a warmer tone
Got a great marshall plexi emulation, different from the original one but it sounds like a tube amp not digital.

Machinated said:
It will be great to see you mix up some tones together with the 5150 and the Rectifier. Id love to have these 2 amps at my disposal.

to quote 006 here.............

006 said:
Dual Recto + 5150 is just a killer combination, I'll say it before, and I'll say it again, it's like they were seriously designed to compliment each other.