New track by my band

lepersmeesa

Badman rudeboy
Apr 10, 2005
London
www.myspace.com
Another new song added!

www.myspace.com/thesafetyfire

This is a track from my bands upcoming EP. Guitars on the left are painkillers in a Schecter Classic, guitars on the right are ceramic warpigs in my blackmachine.

Guitars were reamped very kindly by GuitarHack and DSS3. I forget which were used on the track, but i definitely know there is a mix over the EP.

Love to know what you guys think of it! The next two tracks will be coming very soon with two guest solos on one of the tracks!

Cheers

Nice tune. Reminds me of Nervewomb, Early Thought Industry, Protest the Hero and Rollin Band when he was good and had Sim Cain on drums.

I thought the music was awesome.

I personally felt the singer sings to high of a pitch and makes him sound vulnerable. Almost straining sounding.

It actually reminds me of old Darkane songs where the vocalist did the same thing. Once he lowered the pitch he had way more strength and better tonality to his voice.

Just an observation, but then maybe thats what he's going for for uniqueness.

Nice job though!

I personally felt the singer sings to high of a pitch and makes him sound vulnerable. Almost straining sounding.

It actually reminds me of old Darkane songs where the vocalist did the same thing. Once he lowered the pitch he had way more strength and better tonality to his voice.

Nice job though!

I actually like the higher pitch. He sounds meaner and more agressive. Plus, I can understand every word in the lyrics.

Nice job though!

I agree. I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the vocals. Sounds good though. Tight. Did you record it yourself? Did you program drums?

Cheers for the replies guys

Metaltastic: haha, yes it is really McWeeney, and he is ginger....not blessed for fame haha.

Robbiehollywood: I did record it myself, all in my bedroom with help from DSS3 and GuitarHack reamping the guitar tracks. The drums are programmed, electric kit, midi in, then little bit of tighten up etc.

General comments about vocals: That has been the biggest talking point so far. Its a sort of love hate scenario. What is it about the vocals which make people really hate it? This isn't something new so I would love to know what it is.

Hey guys,

another new tune is up on our myspace.

Radd: When the demo is completely finished, I may be tempted to put up some high quality mp3s. Just depends what happens with the EP!

Cheers

Dez

Hey guys,

another new tune is up on our myspace.

Radd: When the demo is completely finished, I may be tempted to put up some high quality mp3s. Just depends what happens with the EP!

Cheers

Dez

I dont think anyone hates the vocals.....

But if you can, check out "The Perverted Beast" by Darkane on the Album "Insanity".

Right around 57 seconds and just before 2 minutes into the song he does this high pitch vocal and it sounds so monotone. Most of the song actually sounds very monotone because he sings in a certain pitch like every word he says is the same note to his voice.

It might as well be a screetchy 1920's car horn making the same horrid beep.

Your vocalist was not that bad at all.

But it was in that sort of direction.

Theres very few songs Darkane sings that go that high but in the ones that do it sounds like he is trying too hard to hit the notes and is straining.

Sounds like he has potential but needs some vocal coaching.

Does he ever lose his voice?

Cuz it seems like he is pushing his voice in the wrong ways.

Buy him a ticket to fly to New York and see Melissa Cross.

:headbang:

Buy him a ticket to fly to New York and see Melissa Cross.

or buy the zen of screaming dvds....

well, music is pretty good.
As you want to know... Vocals are monotone like it has been said. But I kind of "don't like" your vocals like I don't like vocals on Skith 's "Bland street bloom" after 5 seconds of the 1st verse.

I guess it's a matter of taste. I am not really into this kind of scene, BTBM, Skith and others. But I like some of the guitar works, really good stuff.

However, your second song is even better !!! Your vocalist has some talent singing "clean". It songs really good. With the acoustics and all.