New Trivium Mp3

It's not even like a slight Metallica vibe - the first minute and a half is just a medley of Hetfield vocal patterns and harmonies. Also, at about 3:10 in, all I can hear is MegaDeth's 'Addicted To Chaos'.

I didn't like the last album, and that song certainly is selling the new one to me :(

Steve

Kazrog said:
No lyrics about Boat Rudders? Damn...
I heard they wrote the song while perched atop a "strange mountain".

"DE...TO....NA....SHUN!" I think it should be required by a sacred metal code that retarded cliched phrases like "barren wasteland" would get you expelled from the community and forced to play rhythm guitar for Jay Leno's band.

gumplunger said:
I heard they wrote the song while perched atop a "strange mountain".

"DE...TO....NA....SHUN!" I think it should be required by a sacred metal code that retarded cliched phrases like "barren wasteland" would get you expelled from the community and forced to play rhythm guitar for Jay Leno's band.

I haven't been able to find a fruitful wasteland so I don't think it's *all* their fault. What bothers me is that they're so blatantly sweeping for the sake of sweeping in one of those solos, it's what killed sweeping the first time around.

I can't see where Addicted To Chaos is coming in, but I can see the Hetfield tags here and there. Fucking hell, I don't like Hetfield vocals that much coming from Hetfield, I want to hear this guy doing his own thing, it's about time thrash had more variety than screaming, Chuck Billy, and Hetfield.

Jeff

Nebulous said:
Metallice? I personally dont get the vibe. Unorigianl music with a bit of a pop punk vibe? yeah, i get that.
youre the 3rd person to say its sounds like pop punk, where are you hearing it? if you are on about the second part of the song it just sounds like a typical melo-death riff.

I don't think it's that bad. The first part sounds also a bit like "Practice what you..."-era Testament. Especially the guitar riffs/harmonies. I also like the production although it doesn't have the same kind of energy as the previous album...

NathanSoulfracture said:
youre the 3rd person to say its sounds like pop punk, where are you hearing it? if you are on about the second part of the song it just sounds like a typical melo-death riff.

The "vibe", the vocal hooks. While it does remind me of pop punk, i'm still saying it from a "metalised" POV, if you know what i mean. Sort of as if a pop punk band tried to do metal or something.

Kenny Lee said:
Well, I was hanging out with a few other bands on the -sounds of the underground- tour and gawd the trivium boys were acting like they were standing alone on top of a mountain......and every other band was at the bottom. Yes, I'm trying my best to be as polite as I can.:Smug:

So....... we went and ate while they played.:lol:

GORILLA

don't say you et black dahlia murder.

Doesn't sound catchy to me, just fucking annoying. Not to sound cliche but this had made me hate there stuff even more :erk:

The structure is pretty non existant too. half way through it just seems to go into a different song.