New Trivium Anyone?

Hanger 18 said:
It's stupid really. Just magazines and music tv that do it.

And Amarantus, Black Sabbath are not that good at all. Ozzy is soooooo much better.

Holy crap, are you that stupid?? Here comes the shit storm......

Hanger 18 said:
Black Sabbath are overrated

And Ozzy isn't? Out of every single band member that has ever passed in and out of Sabbath he is by far the least capable, least skilled, least creative, least talented and pretty much least anything. Geezer Butler wrote almost all of the lyrics. Ozzy just came in to sing them (if he bothered to come in at all).

On his 'solo' albums he did absolutely fuck all. His first two albums were musically driven by Randy Rhoads, and later on by Zakk Wylde. They write all of the music. And the lyrics on the first two (which are the only ones even worth listening to) were written by Bob Daisley who was later together with Lee Kerslake completely removed from the recording during a re-recording session because Ozzy and his wife apparently felt it unnecessary to credit them for anything eventhough they wrote and played all of it (together with Rhoads obviosuly). It's pretty funny to see a band named after the member who contributes by far the least. The only thing he contributes is his name and fame, and even that he managed to ruin after still being on TV long after anyone still wanted to see him.

To say that Ozzy is somehow above Sabbath (or even that Sabbath gets more credit than they deserve) is ridiculous.

Who cares.

Ozzy was not the talent or brains behind sabbaths music. His was a junkie that sounded good for how the band sounded. The other three guys are the brilliant ones as musicians.

Instruments make music before lyrics and vocals. Vocals and lyrics are icing on the cake.

Imagine if ozzy was the guitarist in sabbath. Not one person would have given a flying fuck.

Maybe he writes all the lyrics for the new albums, which are about as musically interesting as the new Britney Spears albums. He did not write the lyrics for Sabbath or the first two solo albums.

He's a hack. Get over it. He was just in the right place at the right time to be launched into stardom together with Sabbath but he was not instrumental to their fame in any way (other than maybe his onstage antics but that isn't exactly 'talent').

Zephyrus said:
23r0sg4.gif
:lol: :lol:

Amarantus said:
I remember seeing and interview with Trivium and their other guitarist (not the vocalist) doesn't even own a Black Sabbath album. Not a single one.

Good for him. There are much better bands than Sabbath.

I like Trivium, but I think Detonation sounds all too familiar. Sounds like something else and I'm gonna have to figure out what it is.

Perpetual Catatonia said:

I like Trivium, but I think Detonation sounds all too familiar. Sounds like something else and I'm gonna have to figure out what it is.

True, and yeh I know what you mean. That first riff does sound familiar.

Perpetual Catatonia said:

I think it's time I got my moron stamp back out.

CAIRATH said:
Maybe he writes all the lyrics for the new albums, which are about as musically interesting as the new Britney Spears albums. He did not write the lyrics for Sabbath or the first two solo albums.

He's a hack. Get over it. He was just in the right place at the right time to be launched into stardom together with Sabbath but he was not instrumental to their fame in any way (other than maybe his onstage antics but that isn't exactly 'talent').

Ozzy needs to die. Soon. Before he launches another lame attempt to revive his dead popularity. He may have predated Ronnie James Dio in some ways, but Dio has more talent in his left pinky than Ozzy has in his whole body.

Dio can have all the talent in the world and it won't make him any closer to sounding better than Ozzy did on those first 5 Sabbath discs. Imo of course :loco:

eh.. i love the first two solo albums but they're pretty much a matchstick next to the sun if we're comparing them to one of the best 5-album stretches i've ever heard!