Alright, I take back everything I said about Trivium.

I honestly don't see the problem with Trivium. I like Ascendancy, but The Crusade is going to rock. I've only listened to the songs posted on their myspace though.

Perpetual Catatonia said:
Way to jump on the bandwagon.

Trivium is still not that Thrashy, therefore they don't sound like Metallica. I like Trivium, but Metallica has much better solos anyway.
Umm... new have you listened to newer metallica? Thats the sound man. Listen to it yourself and try and tell me that doesn't sound like Metallica? There is no bandwagon dude, just common sense.

Enemy242 said:
I actually think the new songs are even worse than the other stuff they have. they're trying so fucking hard to be metallica its actually outrageous. i can't even describe how shitty the new stuff is, like other people have said it really has no feeling and just feels annoying.

haha, i feel the same way. i heard about 2-3 songs today. they suck. Ascendency was a much better album for what it was..a metalcore album...Crusade just SUCKS

Fury of the Storm said:
Umm... new have you listened to newer metallica? Thats the sound man. Listen to it yourself and try and tell me that doesn't sound like Metallica? There is no bandwagon dude, just common sense.
Newer Metallica doesn't count, dumb shit. In fact, that's the point.

Life Sucks said:
I know what emo is. I said they are emoCORE, not emo. What I heard by them is not too unlike recent Killswitch Engage, though even less heavy.

I don't really like Trivium or Killswitch, but...

Are you sure? I think Justin Timberlake is heavier than fucking Killswitch Engage!

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I don't really like Trivium or Killswitch, but...

Are you sure? I think Justin Timberlake is heavier than fucking Killswitch Engage!

Killswitch was the best with Jesse Leach. It went somewhat emo with Howard Jones, but it's still good shit.

vx5 and Authentic just explained towards the top of this page why your view is incorrect. There's emo, and then there's pop music; Killswitch plays the latter.

edit: Hey vx5 or Authentic - What about Season To Risk? I always thought they were pretty emo-ish.

It would be cool if somehow we could get everyone on the same page on genres of music. Weed out the genres that don't really exist and subgenres for that matter. It's just to easy to start using a title for a kind of music and make it stick. Having worked in Metal radio for 16 + years, I've seen all of these titles of music form, come and go. Trivium seems to fall in about 5 genres or so according to this thread. I guess if we all knew each others age would explain alot to. For me I was a child of the 70's, teen through the 80's and in Metal radio 1990 to today. I have a pile of Triviums latest coming in the mail. Perhaps I can get a few in the mail to some of you who are interested.

Ok, I am just now listening to the Trivium ecard (I think it is new: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/crusadeecard/ ) and I must say this kicks WAY more ass than what I previously heard from these guys.

If you've already dismissed them, check out the first two tunes of this ecard and make a new decision. I actually think I will be buying this album after hearing the couple tunes I heard.

I thought it was common knowledge that Trivium was worshipping/ripping off Metallica since Ascendancy, at least.