Alright, I take back everything I said about Trivium.

IWP said:
They were metalcore. I'd consider their new album either thrashcore, or possibly groove metal, or even thrash.
"thrashcore"...

jesus fuck

B00009RAWW.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

V.V.V.V.V. said:
You don't know what emo really is, thus you're just as ignorant as some non-metal tool going "ALL METUHL IS SCREAMING AND LOUDNESS"...just saying.

They're shitty, shitty metalcore.
I know what emo is. I said they are emoCORE, not emo. What I heard by them is not too unlike recent Killswitch Engage, though even less heavy.

Erik said:
also they're probably the worst case of try-hard ever, i mean jesus fucking christ do they ever try to be "metal" despite being 100% a pop band at heart... it's VERY transparent. fuck you and your overkill and darkthrone shirts

Haha, I was telling Dodens the same thing after I first listened to it.

"HEY GUYZ, CMON, WE KNOW WHAT IT'S ABOUT, SEE! HEAVY FUCKING METAL, RIGHT?! YEAH! CMON, PLEEEEEASE LISTEN!"

Perpetual Catatonia said:
I like Trivium, but hate the fans that call them Thrash. Some call the old stuff Thrash too! Wtf? I have no idea where that comes from, I only see Thrash elements in their newer stuff.

Why does theyr myscape read that they are Thrash / Metal / Thrash :Smug:

Erik said:
this band is absolutely fucking terrible

yes i suppose that some of the new stuff can be considered "metal" but i have rarely heard such awful metal riffs ever

also they're probably the worst case of try-hard ever, i mean jesus fucking christ do they ever try to be "metal" despite being 100% a pop band at heart... it's VERY transparent. fuck you and your overkill and darkthrone shirts

They try to be "metalheads" so the "metal" crowd will accept them but at the same time become part of the metalcore trend so their shit will sell.

As for the new songs they sound like total Metallica ripoffs.

i have to endure them on oct. 6, at the maiden show. ive also heard bullet for my valentine is opening up for them as well.

please tell me this is not true?!?!?

why would shitty metalcore bands open up for maiden?

I actually think the new songs are even worse than the other stuff they have. they're trying so fucking hard to be metallica its actually outrageous. i can't even describe how shitty the new stuff is, like other people have said it really has no feeling and just feels annoying.

Life Sucks said:
I know what emo is. I said they are emoCORE, not emo. What I heard by them is not too unlike recent Killswitch Engage, though even less heavy.

Killswitch Engage has nothing to do with emo.

Modern music like My Chemical Romance, etc. has nothing to do with real emo.

Envy is real emo, and I highly suggest you look into them so you don't confuse just anything "whiny" (remotely...) with real emo.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Killswitch Engage has nothing to do with emo.

Modern music like My Chemical Romance, etc. has nothing to do with real emo.

Envy is real emo, and I highly suggest you look into them so you don't confuse just anything "whiny" (remotely...) with real emo.

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm sick of hearing people call this recent mainstream movement "emo" when real emo bands are those such as Fugazi, Rites of Spring, Husker Du, Sunny Day Real Estate, Weezer (somehow), and those kind of bands. I also hate when people label anything with screams as "screamo". God, how I hate it. :mad:

Authentic Metalhead said:
Thank you for clearing that up. I'm sick of hearing people call this recent mainstream movement "emo" when real emo bands are those such as Fugazi, Rites of Spring, Husker Du, Sunny Day Real Estate, Weezer (somehow), and those kind of bands. I also hate when people label anything with screams as "screamo". God, how I hate it. :mad:

Damn straight, that peeves me so much. I don't even LISTEN to that much actual screamo/emo stuff, but at least I know what it is enough to know that if any of you who claim to hate "emo" (My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, whatever the fuck you people call emo nowadays...) heard an Envy song, you'd just flat out shit your pants at how sickeningly different it is than your preconceived notions of the term...