New Opeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh but opeth have not been reaching any particular level of "success" that matters lately, quite on the opposite, they have totally failed in everything that matters as far as im concerned

Opeth signed to Roadrunner so that their music could be available to all their fans, as currently the records are hard to find in many countries.

I think TGC is kinda subpar but Ghost of Perdition owns.

Opeth signed to Roadrunner so that their music could be available to all their fans, as currently the records are hard to find in many countries.
oh well thats very thoughtful and kind of them but anyway so i know youre not just some fanboy who will say anything to protect the moustache gang kindly list countries that roadrunner releases are available in which music for nations releases arent

thanks in advance

Gallantry over Docility said:
There have been loads of copies of most Opeth releases at my local HMV, pretty consistantly over the last couple of years.
no hmv does not sell underground metal you must be mistaken

J Mann said:
I like both new Opeth songs. IMO there a lot more inventive (for Opeth) and less repetitive than the stuff on Deliverance, which I also thought was a good release. It seems hating Opeth and other metal bands that reach certain degrees of success is much more trendy, than the music itself.
agreed

don't listen to much modern opeth, but I loved Orchid. I don't really wan't to listen to their new stuff, might ruin their good image in my mind. As for meshuggah, they are a band that works on many levels, not just odd rythems and 8 string guitars. I'll admit that some aspects of this band are overrated, they really aren't more technical then many of the underground bands out there. Agree with J Mann too.

Barking Pumpkin said:
People don't like Meshuggah because for people who listen to mostly more mainstream metal......they all think Meshuggah are gods of technical and progressive metal, when actually, their music can get quite boring at times and seems to stick quite a bit to the "chug chug chug with weird rhythms" formula. There's also the whole novelty aspect to it of "they have eight string guitars."

yes the constant chugging of open notes in different timings does get a tad old fast

To me it seems that it is trendy to call those who criticize trendy groups trendy, so as to delude themselves that they are not following a trend by listening to these sellout trendy bands.

In other words, the statement quoted above is so full of shit, it's funny.

J. said:
To me it seems that it is trendy to call those who criticize trendy groups trendy, so as to delude themselves that they are not following a trend by listening to these sellout trendy bands.

In other words, the above statement is so full of shit, it's funny.

Winnar. Opeth bores the hell out of me, simply put. Weak 70's prog ripoffs mixed with monotonous, soft death/doom? Nope.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Yeah the new Opeth is pretty trendy.

I laugh at all of the posts like this... opeth sold out lololol the grand conjuration sucks its gay faggot metal hahaha m3h

What you guys fail to realize is that ALL of the material was written before The Roadrunner deal. Also, how is opeth trendy? Its trendy to like extremely well composed music with very good musicianship? :confused: :confused: :confused:

nobodys saying it sounds trendy because they signed to roadrunner, its not like century media wasnt a fucking trendy label as well

Phrozenspite said:
the fact remains that the material is less than quality... one could probably argue that they wrote it a certain way to appeal to roadrunner or another "large" indie label to get that kind of deal...

Yeah, you could argue that... if you were a fucking moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.