so i finally got some opeth

daz436 said:
to go more ontopic: its about time opeth played a gig in the north east i think.

UK? Dude, you're that fucking big!>>
uk.jpg

The guys in aus who live away from the capital cities have to drive for 13hrs to get to a gig. (But then again, most of the people who live out bush are rednecks who listen to groups like the "Dixie Chicks.")

Powers said:
They played Leeds last year, I went down, but they'd get some great venues in Newcastle. The Archer, the Uni perhaps.

Yeah I was at the Blank Canvas gig in Leeds too, was just about 10 minutes walk away from my old flat. The Uni would be good for an Opeth gig yeah. And to the map posting guy: calm down buddy I was just trying to make my post more Opeth related.

I can't imagine Trillians working, too small really - but the head of steam would be amazing

"there was a man who lived in leeds
he filled his garden full of seeds
and when the seeds began to grow
it was like a garden filled with snow
and when the snow began to melt
it was like a boat without a belt
and when the boat began to sail
it was like a bird with out a tail
and when the bird began to fly
it was like a eagle in the sky
and when the sky began to roar
it was like a lion at my door
and when my door began to crack
it was like a pen knife in my back
and when my back began to bleed
i was dead dead dead indeed
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

all_sins_undone said:
well tbh... the best place to start (and end...) is MAYH afaik

Ugh.... and I honestly don't think I'd have got round to listening to any other Opeth if I had heard Orchid first.

fascists here fascists there fascists every fucking where

and we're all supposed to be into the same music

funny too how people complain when somebody disses music they are into when all they do is go around and judge other people by the music that they listen to o_O

well opeth is a truely original and good metal band that happens to be accessible, but unfortunately most other accessible metal is complete fucking trash (melodeath, all the 'prog' metal nonsense)

so people who are into accessible metal can like opeth and a bunch of shitty modern bands, and people who are into truely progressive music can like opeth and a bunch of 70s prog/psych etc, and the two groups clash fairly often

honestly that's the difference between here and opethforum.net

UM has a much higher ratio of metal noobs who suck arch enemy's cock all day, and the other forum is almost exclusively prog fans