I know nobody gives a damn, but...

lyrics shlyrics... Mike uses the word 'fuck' in interviews and at concerts!

OMG, I just realised that... Somebody call the profane police on Mike! :D

i have a friend called Timothy Gaylord poor guy we never let him hear the end of it we're gonna drive him to suicide someday

And to be really ridiculous, actually "whore, cock, bitch," and the seven so-called dirty words "cocksucker, motherfucker, fuck, shit, cunt, cock, and pussy" (Yeah Private Parts!) are not profane. Many would consider them vulgar, but they are not profane because to be profane you must attack the name of God or use it in vain, etc.

'Profanity' is very specifically related to religion and God, and the fact that it has been erroneously co-opted by many to be synonymous to 'vulgar' is just one more reason that freedom fries were the most useless invention of my lifetime.

Autumnal said:
And to be really ridiculous, actually "whore, cock, bitch," and the seven so-called dirty words "cocksucker, motherfucker, fuck, shit, cunt, cock, and pussy" (Yeah Private Parts!) are not profane. Many would consider them vulgar, but they are not profane because to be profane you must attack the name of God or use it in vain, etc.

'Profanity' is very specifically related to religion and God, and the fact that it has been erroneously co-opted by many to be synonymous to 'vulgar' is just one more reason that freedom fries were the most useless invention of my lifetime.

weird....i have NEVER in my life ever heard that......but interesting none the less

I'm just now breaking into the whole profanity thing, I was raised good. I never did bad stuff. I don't want to totally fuck up my life but I'd like to atleast be a bit more common. And the thing I like about Opeth is the cleanliness, if they were like SYL with a fuck in every line, they wouldn't be as good. Seriously. Profanity, in my opinion, takes the life out of the music. Unless it's SYL, that's different. :erk:

And I'm not talking about Profanity, the forum user. He sucks no matter what! :loco: