I know nobody gives a damn, but...

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Ghost Reveries is the first album to use a profane word (if you don't count the title of Damnation) so yeah. It was a good run, but now Opeth has finally come into the world of profanity, where most of us have been for sooo long. :erk:

Yes yes also, I am sorry to double post.. But yeah... I ordered the new Opeth and Diabolical Masquerade - deaths design today... And I remembered what Mikael said earlier this year.. About pronouncing things better... well.. The line is "Roots sucking, thieving from my source" but it sounds like "roots are sucking semen from my thoughts" or so.

Also there was something else but I can't quite remember... Isolation Years is a fantastic song.

Oh yeah, I wrote big opethian lyrics for Rainwound, but each song is like a page long with no repeated lyrics... I was just wondering how it goes to remember such a long thing... thanks.. Cause that is like 6 and a half pages of lyrics.

I think he meant the 'keeper of holy whores...' but fact is it's hard to guess what this guy is about...

Yeah, I'm not sure what the hell he's going on about.

deliverance said:
wow. incredible that you thought that.

Well considering thats what it sounds like... gaylord. :Smug: Oh yeah, and the word was whores. Sure, it's not "fuckity fuck" or extremely profane, but it's more than they've said before I think. It's still a dirty word. whore/slut/prostitute, etc. Why they sing about whores now? They're just like the new Beyond Twilight. :loco:

Oinkness said:
Well considering thats what it sounds like... gaylord. :Smug: Oh yeah, and the word was whores. Sure, it's not "fuckity fuck" or extremely profane, but it's more than they've said before I think. It's still a dirty word. whore/slut/prostitute, etc. Why they sing about whores now? They're just like the new Beyond Twilight. :loco:

they've sung about whores before; 'harlot of God upon the earth' in face of melinda

Oinkness said:

Damn, get a life. The bible says "whore"... OMG! Someone call the profane police on prophets. Hahahahaha.

Oinkness said:
Actually prostitute is an actual correct term. its not profanity.

Oinkness said:
In face of melinda he refers to her as a "harlot of god upon the earth". A harlot is another word for whore or prostitute, so no they are not treading new ground. :p

well, harlot isnt exactly swearing. Its like, another proper word for whore, like prostitute. Whore is like....a derogatory term.....God i have no life......