New Opeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesnt make me sad as long as I don't know what kind of hyper bullshit opeth haters are listening to. God, I mean if it was good stuff, if it contributed something to the world, it would be alright. But we all know what you freaks are listening to and we all know what Punk fans are listening to and they probably wouldn't like Opeth that much either.

It's like rap homies criticizing works of truly classical artists.

Bye morons.

J. said:
To me it seems that it is trendy to call those who criticize trendy groups trendy, so as to delude themselves that they are not following a trend by listening to these sellout trendy bands.

In other words, the statement quoted above is so full of shit, it's funny.

to me it seems that it is trendy to call those who think it is trendy to call those who criticize trendy groups trendy.

and, its trendy to call those folks trendy...and so on...man, it looks like everyone is full of shit.

For instance the Lopez beat :)

Whereas the shit you listen to is probably meaningless through and through. Or do you happen to listen to Mastodon? :)

This whole arguement is getting really fucking old. For fucks sake, if you like Opeth who gives a fuck, if you dislike Opeth who gives a fuck. I just can't understand why some people get so bent out of shape because someone they have never met in their life tells them that their favorite band sucks. Do you really need everyones acceptance?

Do you actually think that by replicating 60s and 70s Prog Rock acts that Martin Lopez has constructed something inventive?

Longinus said:
It doesnt make me sad as long as I don't know what kind of hyper bullshit opeth haters are listening to. God, I mean if it was good stuff, if it contributed something to the world, it would be alright. But we all know what you freaks are listening to and we all know what Punk fans are listening to and they probably wouldn't like Opeth that much either.

It's like rap homies criticizing works of truly classical artists.

Bye morons.

Your ignorance makes me wish I hated Opeth.

anonymousnick2001 said:
All this bickering should stop. I can't believe we're pointing fingers using the word "trendy." Although's J.'s last comment was funny. The back and forth is pointless. Fanboys will drool, haters will mock, the truly clever will strike comedy gold with both.

I, for one, was disappointed. Although I should have expected to be. I still have their first four and BWP(a personal fave), so I'll just move on. Another lost band, IMO...

have you heard ghost of perdition? You would surely like it - its amazing imo.

"Opeth were good years ago, but they suck now man".
What a lot of nonsense. They're as good now as they ever were (excluding Damnation), all this stuff is just idiotic elitism with no substance or foundation other than a need to be seen as "in the know".
That guy with the sig about Opeth being the next sensation a la Slipknot is also just a joke. You think you're cool because you laugh at the trendy stuff like Slipknot?
Well how trendy you are here then eh?

Do you actually think that by replicating 60s and 70s Prog Rock acts that Martin Lopez has constructed something inventive?

Oh yeah, cause they had death metal drumming as one of their elements. I didn't remember that. Did you know he's the drummer? I bet oyu thoguht I was talking about the vocalist. True, 3/4 existed before Opeth..

(insider: 3/4 is the vocalist's/songwriter's preferred time sig - sorry, hard to understand that one haha.)

Die now.

Dodens Grav said:

Explain. Please do.

I actually own Orchid through Deliverance, so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Opeth. I know Martin Lopez joined Opeth for Still Life and I know that he was in Amon Amarth before that. I also know that Opeth is not Death Metal at all, and has never written a single Death Metal riff. I have a feeling your view of Death Metal is In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork and their ilk, and Dew-Scented and The Haunted are Thrash Metal, because that's the only way I can see you calling Martin Lopez's drumming Death Metal. Also, he didn't do a damn thing that everyone else before him has already done. This is not about elitism, this is about telling a bunch of fucking idiots who think they know everything that their special little 'intellectual' band is nothing special. The fact that the majority of us don't like them is a side note.

Status
Not open for further replies.