New Opeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammasphee

The 3rd Fire
There's now an e-card where you can here the track 'The Grand Conjuration' off the new album. You have to sign up, but it's easy enough.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/opeth

Don't know if anyone heard the radio-rip that was floating around, but don't let that put you off; this pretty dark stuff. Opeth delivers, again
smile.gif

Is that advertisement of Opeth real? If it wasn't obvious before, it is now: They are the Backstreet Boys of Metal.

Opeth may not have released anything of worth for years, but I still think that the first 4 are enjoyable, and that Orchid is fucking genius. But I still can't help but feel disapointed that a band that never needed a big label to support them (because as far as I'm concerned, their music did the talking), signing to Roadrunner and ending up as the next "big thing".

Phrozenspite said:
Decent photoshopping job but you can see that the image isn't real... still makes a funny point though... from what i've heard of the new album its mostly brought down by the meshuggah-esque chug parts and the keyboards

Can someone explain why Meshuggah is hated? (other than the obvious reason of them appearing on MTV please.)

I like both new Opeth songs. IMO there a lot more inventive (for Opeth) and less repetitive than the stuff on Deliverance, which I also thought was a good release. It seems hating Opeth and other metal bands that reach certain degrees of success is much more trendy, than the music itself.

People don't like Meshuggah because for people who listen to mostly more mainstream metal......they all think Meshuggah are gods of technical and progressive metal, when actually, their music can get quite boring at times and seems to stick quite a bit to the "chug chug chug with weird rhythms" formula. There's also the whole novelty aspect to it of "they have eight string guitars."

Status
Not open for further replies.