New Trivium

to buy the new CD. These guys deserve some support!
Even if there's only one good song on the CD it's worth the 12 -16€

I slowly get tired of the metalcore/scream/sing stuff.
I hope there will be other (new) Bands following Trivium and try the good old Metallica Singing style.

...my 2 Cent...

I like Ascendency. The more I listen the more I like. I wish there was more singing than screaming though. I love those poppy melodic vocals over cool, heavy riffs. Call me gay! :lol:

To me they just lack balls. I havent really listened to Trivium, but I remember the first thought that popped into my head when a friend of mine first played them to me. "Please god turn it off!"

All these people praise Trivium as this AMAZING band and I have no idea why. I always tell people who say "I love Trivium" that "You love In Flames and hate Trivium and just don't know it yet" I really don't like them.

Plus I've seen them twice (Ozzfest and Opening for Children of Bodom) and the singer is constantly trying to make everyone make a circle pit. It was so annoying. Demands to much from an audience without earning any respect. I'm not gonna jump around for anyone who tells me too.

Anyone I shouldn't judge this song from such a bad quality sound clip. But I will comment on the only thing I could hear, the vocals. I think he was a better whiny screamer then Hetfield imposter. And I thought his hardcore vocals were annoying...

Sorry to anyone who likes them, obviously it's great that you found music you enjoy and that's what music is all about. All subjective and the point is to make people happy regardless of how good or bad I think they are.

But seriously, listen to Shadows Fall or In Flames or something. :lol:

Lopes said:
I'm in the same boat, they're a good band, but I just don't get why everybody is swinging from their nuts. I hope that this new song isn't the best one they've got on their new album because it sounds like they're trying too hard.
QFT.
Black neon bob said:
I do love that "pull harder on the strings of your martyr"... but overall, i think trivium is just another solid band, but nothing too special really..
I might be going mad, but I'm certain the the riff that opens "Pull Harder..." is exactly the same as the riff from "Corporal Jigsore Quandry" by Carcass.

I quite like the riffs, but the vocalist always annoyed me, plus he's not a great lead player. But it's also good to see newer bands moving away from the screaming vox, even though i love them, i also appreciate good clean vox.

i saw those guys in Zurich a while ago… the show was pretty solid. But they just seemed to suck at the Rock Am Ring… I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt a little metallica rip off in this song… but this song is not my cup off tea anyway - haha!

I've never understood the whole Trivium thing. They're just a bit generic and uninteresting IMHO. Oh, and the vocals are fucking rubbish.

Muttley

006 said:
They are really fucking gay.

Sorry.

~006

Right there with yeah, some of the solos they pull are decent but for the most part rehashed bullshit really not worth the fucking hype. anyway shouldnt we be talking about the new SLAYER!!!!!:headbang:

Trivium is skilled, but I think their tunes are like eating chinese food; it's cool for about 20 minutes but doesn't stick with you. But unlike chinese food, they have too much EMO instead of too much MSG.

That song was pretty boring, and his vocals are horrible live. The other guitarist does a better job with the vocals IMO.

That black Dean the singer is playing looks incredible though.