New UK Power metal

Wow, I'm glad you like us Steve!

I should mention we're working hard on recording a proper demo so we'll have more of our songs up soon.

If anyone's in the Alton area, we're playing a BOTB for the Bloodstock unsigned stage on 28th May. I think it's entirely thrash bands v us. Come on down and support the power metal!

We'd be up for that if you're planning any events. There's two versions of 'Jagermeister Metal', that one and 'Disciples of Metal'. Which one we play depends entirely on how much alcohol the crowd has been consuming. Needless to say, at Student Unions it's always Jager. :lol:

I'm uploading the rough songs we sent to Steve to myspace so you can have a better idea of what we sound like.

Really? That's the first I've heard about that! It was probably Edd, he used to frequent those forums a few years ago. Still it's good to see we're at least slightly memorable! And thank you muchly for the kind words.

Also yeah, we've had a bit of a shake up since then in the form of a new keyboardist (who also plays harp on the demo) and a lunatic of a drummer. Now we feel like we're ready to contend with the big boys!

I do believe someone in your band is friends with one of my mate's ex girlfriends called Caz. He showed me you guys years back. We had a little project called Atrum Somnium that we didn't do anything with.

Speaking of new UK power metal, check out this band from Derby/Nottingham; Metalloid. They've only been around for a year but have already gained quite the following. Recently they acquired a new vocalist in the form of Pete Morten from Threshold and Soliloquy (the latter of which supported Power Quest on their tour with Pagan's Mind). This one isn't one of their greatest songs though for me personally! They're going into Thin Ice Studios in a few months for recording.

l_e493b2276368b2dd5fa7aabffa853e59.jpg

Promo3.jpg

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fQaSfaUWROU[/ame]

It's good to see some more power metal bands in this competition! Up until now all I've seen are endless death and thrash bands. I'm glad we're not in the same area though, this way maybe we'll both get to play at Bloodstock and show 'em power metal is still alive on the local circuit!

Don't forget its our heat in The Lounge Bar, Alton next Wednesday and we need plenty of support. I might even buy you a pint if you come! Maybe.

Nooo. He's never been IN your band. He's just a mate of mine who I now go to college with. He used to go out with Caz

Ahh, I'm with you now! Sorry, got a little confused there! :loco:

Yeah there's loads of bands in it! Originally there were going to be 10 bands in each heat but I think the organisers realised that was practically impossible.

I checked those two out, I liked The Spoons! Looks like theyre friends with ACP who we played with last week.

A lack of power metal bands in the south though :( we would like to do an all-power metal gig sometimes, I guess maybe we'll have to head up north!