New UK Power metal

Ah the MTTMs competition. Sorcerer's Spell currently in the lead of the Alton leg with only a few days to go. Looks like we will have some power metal in the Unsigned Stage this year! I think we've had some submissions from a few other UK power metal bands too so maybe more than one. Lee likes to keep it balanced if he can. Hopefully, the Unsigned line-up should be finalised in the next few weeks, folks! :)

Hi Guys,

Didn't mean to butt in, but you my be interested in my band Nephwrack. We've just recorded some new songs with our new vocalist (Dilian Arnaudov ex- SJK Although the music is more trad metal the vocals should be right up your alley!

Check us out on our myspace site

Cheers!

That was cool! Kinda like hammerfall with better pronounciation!

Where are you guys from? I couldn't see a location on the myspace but maybe I'm being blind again.

By the way, Bloodstock voting has closed and we finished on top! I don't want to start celebrating until the official announcement is out though. A video of 'Take The Keep' from the winners gig also emerged, but it's disappeared again. I'll post it when I find it...

oh no you di'int...... :mad:

congrats on the bloodstock forum, was well close!!

Okay maybe I was being harsh.. Joacim is one of the more well spoken as far as power metal goes. But he's still Swedish. :Smug:

I didn't want to say anything, but I'm not sure if it's as close as it seemed. Some of BSD's voting patterns seemed a tad suspicious... I reckon it was ACP that actually came second. And we mostly won because of my frantic and obsessive myspace pandering. :)

All will be revealed soon I suppose, announcements for the unsigned stage have begun!

They have indeed! Announcements will be thick and fast now. TBH there are so many bands I want to check out now, I think I'll need to split myself in two. Anyway, there should be a statement today detailing when to expect the results for MTTM and other related information. My other half was working on it yesterday.

Just thought I'd post this link for another UK power metal band that I think are excellent. What do you think?

http://www.myspace.com/isleofavalon

That was cool! Kinda like hammerfall with better pronounciation!

Where are you guys from? I couldn't see a location on the myspace but maybe I'm being blind again.

By the way, Bloodstock voting has closed and we finished on top! I don't want to start celebrating until the official announcement is out though. A video of 'Take The Keep' from the winners gig also emerged, but it's disappeared again. I'll post it when I find it...

If you're talking about Nephwrack we're from Winchester (near Southampton)

Congrats on the Bloodstock thing, its a great place to play!

If you're talking about Nephwrack we're from Winchester (near Southampton)

Congrats on the Bloodstock thing, its a great place to play!

Ah! A power metal band in the south! No doubt we'll be in touch about gigs at some point. ;)

Bloodstock official announcement is tomorrow, we don't actually know if we're playing yet! Thanks for all the congrats though, just waiting with bated breath now...

We also have a gig at the Drayman Bexleyheath tomorrow. That is, assuming I don't get lost on the way... if anyone's in the area, stop by and say hi!

I've gained some more details on our Bloodstock show. We'll be playing on the Friday (15th) and as far as I know we're closing the unsigned stage for that day, which is pretty cool to say the least. I haven't been given an exact time yet, but I'll update when I know. I'm only praying we dont clash with Helloween or Primal Fear!

Also thanks to MetalCodd for turning up to our gig in Guildford last night! We somehow won that battle of the bands, which was nice!

You won! Thank god for that. I thought I and a couple of other people would be the only ones who voted for you. I wasn't even sure I voted properly (were we supposed to put our orange wristbands into the appropriate box?). It was probably a bit unfair of me to put my vote in then leave halfway through the second band but I just saw their hair as they were getting on to the stage and thought "Oh god, no. :erk: " Then I heard the first song and two thoughts came to me; firstly "Ripping off an old Girlschool riff doesn't make you any less emo" and secondly if all the bands sound like this then it's going to be a long night.

Being the oldest person in the audience kinda freaked me out as well (and I only just turned 25). Just last week I saw Budgie and was freaked out at being probably the only person in the audience under the age of 40-something, so being surrounded by 15-16 year old emo and indie kids was quite a contrast.

But the main thing was your superb performance. It was rather spoiled by Anthony trying to show us how many ways he can hold his microphone, but otherwise excellent stuff.

The other main thing, of course, is well done on your great victory. A blow for UK power metal is struck! :headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang::kickass: (albeit a small one)

Faaanks! We've never lost anything like that... yet. I was suprised to win that one though since all the other bands sounded like bring me the horizon and the place was packed with indie/emo kids. Maybe we taught them a lesson in power metal! That's what I like to think anyway. So yeah, you didn't miss much.

Budgie! I know their original drummer. I've been trying to pursuade them into a classic lineup reunion but progress is slow on that one...

Congrats to you too Symphon. A small percentage of your bloodstock win was down to me. :D As far as I can remember, Musta Talvi was the only band in the Birmingham heat that I liked. No doubt we'll cross paths at the fest, if not, look out for the massive Sorcerer's Spell and Forky Forky flags in the campsite. (it will make sense when you get there ;))

I feel I should post something appropreate. Ah, the videos from alton surfaced with no great fanfare t'other day. Here they are:

Lead Us To Anthror -

Disciples of (Jagermeister) Metal -

I don't know what Ben and Trim were going for at the beginning of that one... but the crowd worked it out in the end!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to you too Symphon. A small percentage of your bloodstock win was down to me. :D As far as I can remember, Musta Talvi was the only band in the Birmingham heat that I liked. No doubt we'll cross paths at the fest, if not, look out for the massive Sorcerer's Spell and Forky Forky flags in the campsite. (it will make sense when you get there ;))

cheers and to you mate, alot of your votes were helped by me.. :p you guys kicked ass in the alton vote.

Dude we deffo have to meet up at BOA.. ill look for your flag you have to look for our flag which will have the name Scruffy Murphys on it and some other writing i think.