new user & listening request

Simon_Empyrios

empYrios guitar master
Aug 10, 2004
Rimini, Italy
www.empyrios.it
Hi all! I'm Simone from Italy, and I'm the guitarist of the italian thrash/prog metal band empYrios (www.empyrios.it). We're recording our first full lenght album and I'm doing engeneering, production etc etc.... It would be great if you could take a listen to this mp3 sample.... it's a portion of the drum track of one of our songs... All of you in the forum were so helpful to develope my recording experience... Andy & guys, tell me if this drum sound it's ok, otherwise give me some advices! thank you, thank you very much! And sorry for my bad english! :p Simone

here's the link: http://www.simonemularoni.com/MP3s/empYrios_Drums.mp3

bye!
Simo

yep, first of all thank you... I have all the tracks already recorded and soon I will do the final mix, and then I'll post the entire song ok? anyway, the drums were less "flat" before, but it seemed to me that were too muddy with the rest of the tracks... thank you! :D Simone

I think the hihat sounds a bit thin, try adding some "body" to it. The entire overhead could use some more lower frequencies actually. Other than that it sounds ok. But like Hopkins i'll tell you more when i hear the whole thing :)