New will putney mix

I have been loving Will's work a lot. I did not know he did this though and i was just telling my friends how much i love this mix last night.

Sounds JUST like new mediaskare band Mureau. Like twin bands! down to the vox/ but such a great mix

Holy fuck. What a great mix. Punchy and aggressive as fuck. Machines influence is very much present but who cares when the mentor is one of the greatest. Music wise these bands really need to step up IMO.

Wow didn't know this was up! I'm good friends with these guys as we basically played tour manager for them when they were in Perth. Best dudes out, my bands vocalist did the artwork for this album. Machine didn't track or produce this, they recorded at Electric Sun in Sydney and sent it to Will to mix.

will is good people. met him several times while at machines studio for various reasons. they really are super focused over there on working and pushing the art of sound.

not a huge fan of the music though. and i hear a wee bit of pumping not sure who mastered it but i'm sure its a genre thing also.

those drum tones! guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
will putney consistently puts out some of the best drum mixes in modern metal. it's rad.

+1

Will's latest stuff makes me want to quit. hahahaa

to me it's like, how do you get THAT MUCH midrange information into a cohesive drum sound and not make it sound like utter shit? Even the mix overall, the entire THING is focused in the mid area and it sounds fucking AWESOME...

man, i know why im not using the axe fx on any of my productions any more, haha.
but drums and mix are fantastic indeed.

Sounds similar to a "Machine"-style mix. Its like they make the guitars small to make the drums sound bigger. I think I enjoy Sneap's snare "thwack" a little more, but this is good no doubt. I see what you mean about pushing the art of sound- check the sub rumble at the end- very nice touch!

Hey wouldn't you know it! This doesn't clip like a motherfucker! It's not that hard Putney. I usually hate on the drum samples he uses, but I guess I don't have to since these don't really sound like his. Only time I've really dug his drums were on the new Stray From The Path album.

As for the band, they're alright. Nothing really stands out about them for me.

I really dig the slight pumping (unless that is just youtube... Doubt it though). Gives it a bit of character.
Anyway, great mix. I agree about the guitars though.
I love these kinds of drum tones. I'm a sucker for compressed big rock drums, so this is great.

The intro made me go "what the heck? That bass tone :puke:"
then the song came in, and I was like "Ahhh... :D"