New Woods Of Ypres track

NineFeetUnderground said:

Thats probably your best post ever. So much said with so little. :lol:

I'll admit I like their song "Shedding the Deadwood" but other than that, to me they just sound like a bunch of stuff I've already heard thrown together. And they sound like they record in a garage (I know this new track is unmastered though).

Pretty terrible song, and i dont find woods of ypres impressive at all. There are a lot of bands that people like on this forum that try to do what opeth do and they fail miserably at it. Mixing mellow with heavy doesnt necessarily make something good. Just because you have dynamics doesnt mean they are good dynamics. Distinctions need to be learned here.

BurningSky said:
Pretty terrible song, and i dont find woods of ypres impressive at all. There are a lot of bands that people like on this forum that try to do what opeth do and they fail miserably at it. Mixing mellow with heavy doesnt necessarily make something good. Just because you have dynamics doesnt mean they are good dynamics. Distinctions need to be learned here.

I'm sorry but even if you hate WoY there is no way they're trying to be opeth.
They have acoustic parts and they have heavier parts, that hardly makes them Opeth 2.

Reflections_of_the_Underdark said:
I'm sorry but even if you hate WoY there is no way they're trying to be opeth.
They have acoustic parts and they have heavier parts, that hardly makes them Opeth 2.

I don't mean theyre copying Opeth, I mean theyre attempting a style thats remeniscent of Opeth. Except they suck.

And yes, I get that it's an opinion, so if you like them, thats great. But I think they suck.