New Woods Of Ypres track

BurningSky said:
Pretty terrible song, and i dont find woods of ypres impressive at all. There are a lot of bands that people like on this forum that try to do what opeth do and they fail miserably at it. Mixing mellow with heavy doesnt necessarily make something good. Just because you have dynamics doesnt mean they are good dynamics. Distinctions need to be learned here.

Quotes like these make me ashamed to be an opeth fan. First we have Opeth fans claiming Agalloch is an Opeth clone and now we have this guy saying WOY is. The arrogance on this board astounds me.

NineFeetUnderground said:
Well I can't say Caress Of Steel was a very good album.. What With the classic "I Think I'm Going Bald"..The Necromancer and The Fountain Of Lamenth are alright.. That's it.

.. Personally i think Woods Of Ypres infinitely trump this album.

Morfeind said:
Quotes like these make me ashamed to be an opeth fan. First we have Opeth fans claiming Agalloch is an Opeth clone and now we have this guy saying WOY is. The arrogance on this board astounds me.

But Opeth invented the heavy/soft formula!

:rolleyes:

travis smith has done it again

woods3_art_01.jpg

woods3_art_02.jpg

woods3_art_03.jpg

woods3_art_04.jpg

Morfeind said:

Way to understand what i said.

I'm glad Woods of Ypres is heading slightly towards their older sound with this album. "Shedding the Deadwood" aside, their last album was boring.

I have to say I'm surprised Gold went with Travis Smith for the art, though he is a huge fan of more than one band that has used his art in the past. Lame cover though.

Way to understand what i said.

I understood perfectly. This is what you said "There are a lot of bands that people like on this forum that try to do what opeth do and they fail miserably at it". I could careless if you like the band or not but saying they're trying to imitate Opeth is completely wrong and makes the band look bad.