New York City Show {1-6-06}

MadeInNewJersey said:
Don't ask me, I don't run the club. But since the Nokia in NYC holds over 3,000 people AND the show is sold out, my guess is they're allowing for those who want to "rush up to the front of the stage" the opportunity to do so, and for a thorough security check to not keep people from seeing any of the show. Just a guess.

According to its website, the Nokia Theater holds 2,100.
http://www.nokiatheatrenyc.com/

jdelpi said:
My friend said they're a union hall, so my guess is NO. Wouldn't want you to "reproduce the image of the venue" without paying a ridiculous fee. I could be wrong, though.

That sucks, I got SUCH a nice digicam for xmas too. Got 12x optical zoom and everything, was really hoping to get some nice pics of the night.

Ok, here is my picture (I'm the one on the right - the woman, not the girl) and my real name is Michele, so if you do happen to see me, you don't have to call me eighteeschick all night. Sorry the picture is so big. I have no idea how to make it smaller.

MeandMommy.jpg

MadeInNewJersey said:
Yeah, you know, I saw that as well, but then I saw an "attendance report" that said Disturbed "sold out 4,200 tickets" at the place. I was like, WTF?

I've been there, and it sure seemed larger than 2,100, but not more than 2,500 or so.

Maybe they did two nights. I am pretty sure Disturbed did two nights fairly recently in Columbus, OH at the 1,800 capacity Newport. Or maybe it was two nights in Cincinnati at Bogarts. I am pretty sure it was Columbus.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Wood Ridge (no exit), but I'm right off Rt. 17, near the Meadowlands pretty much. Bayonne's about 15 miles away, give-or-take.

A whole shit-ton of us are meeting up at the Bull Moose Saloon at 6 PM, which is on West 44th Street between 8th & 9th Aves, about 1 1/2 blocks from the Nokia. You'll know us because one of the guys is like 9 feet tall, lol.

Come over, I'll buy you a beer. :D

this guy is a perv ... you come talk to the 6'7" reference point ... and if you have an extra ticket, even better

jdelpi said:
Maybe they did two nights. I am pretty sure Disturbed did two nights fairly recently in Columbus, OH at the 1,800 capacity Newport. Or maybe it was two nights in Cincinnati at Bogarts. I am pretty sure it was Columbus.

Ahhh, didn't even think of that. 2 x 2100 = 4200. :D

Who said high school wasn't important?!

I'll be there. Got to show up and support even though they dont need it. I might hang towards the back. But if they do play Gung Ho or Time it's fuckin on! Would love to here What doesnt die but I know its just a pipe dream or even safe home. THERE I Admitted it I like a good love song once in awhile. If Any of you clowns see me say hello....... Peace, I'm out like the last season of the Simpsons...

Nachobird said:
This is the brother of bello99fan, and although I'd really like to be up front tomorrow night (and he's right we are ALWAYS in the front) I may have to hang back.

I forgot that I am going back up to NYC the following night for another event and I can't be too beat up from the show. LOL

I am sure that once I hear something like Caught in a Mosh, then all bets will be off. LOL

Can't wait to hear some classic Anthrax....Indians, I am the Law, Madhouse, Metal Thrashin' Mad, BE ALL END ALL....Persistance.....should I go on?

See you all there!
Mosh it up Motherfuckers!!!
Bird

WELCOME TO THE BOARD MY BRUTHA;)

I TOO, AND MY 40 YEARS OF AGING AM LEANING TOWARDS AGREEING WITH YOU, PRIME666 AND MADEINNEWJERSEY, WE SHOULD ALSO HANG NEAR THE BACK BY THE SOUNDBOARD. THAT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. WE'RE DEFINITELY GETTIN TOO OLD FOR THAT RUFF STUFF UP FRONT:Smug:

DON'T GET ME WRONG THOUGH,
I ALSO LIKE THE "ALL BETS ARE OFF" THINGY..:hotjump:

NIKK

I just got back from tonight's show in Baltimore. I've seen a lot of metal shows and Anthrax was far and away the best!! I missed Mantis but the other opening acts were good. Anthrax came out sometime around 10:00 or 10:30 and did a set of all the classics. They sounded great and the crowd was great. If you are in the NYC area this is a can't miss show.