Newest mix full band SWEET SHITTTT

I believe it's real drums - the cymbals are way worse sounding than the fake stuff he posted before, and that kick doesn't sound very good. Actually, the drums in general sound worse, but more real.

I believe it's real drums - the cymbals are way worse sounding than the fake stuff he posted before, and that kick doesn't sound very good. Actually, the drums in general sound worse, but more real.

I actually debated the drum sounds a ton, but I figured they worked well for this style of music. The other music is just pure rock. But I'm glad you think my drums sounds bad! :erk:

They're not terrible, but the snare is really deep in the mix and needs to be more snappy/present/in your face. The kick is just flubby and kinda farty. Toms are inaudible, cymbals sound kinda woofy/metallic/not smooth.

They're not terrible, but the snare is really deep in the mix and needs to be more snappy/present/in your face. The kick is just flubby and kinda farty. Toms are inaudible, cymbals sound kinda woofy/metallic/not smooth.

Thank you dude! There are actually absolutely no effects applied to the toms, because he barely uses them. I figured if they like the general mix, then I will keep it and fix the toms for the final mix. And I think the kick will clean up once I turn the API down a little bit. It's almost half as loud as the other buss, which is a lot so I'll post something once I do that and get feedback from the band. I'm a little drunk, which doesn okay I'm a lot drunk.. This doesn't happen much but I like it when I'm typing on these keys hahahas;dlkj feels nice.

I'lll post some shieett later on. Peace

I like it... it's different... the pumping suits style of music! Now prove the real drum thing...

sounds fairly good man. kick has abit to much in the low end that it makes me feel like my head is blocking up. maybe give the snare a touch of 1.3k to bring it out a little.

what studio are you tracking drums at? can we see photos of the live room?(this isnt trying to push on that stupid old ssl+ez drummer convo. I'd honestly like to see photos of the live room)

Thank you dude! There are actually absolutely no effects applied to the toms, because he barely uses them. I figured if they like the general mix, then I will keep it and fix the toms for the final mix. And I think the kick will clean up once I turn the API down a little bit. It's almost half as loud as the other buss, which is a lot so I'll post something once I do that and get feedback from the band. I'm a little drunk, which doesn okay I'm a lot drunk.. This doesn't happen much but I like it when I'm typing on these keys hahahas;dlkj feels nice.

I'lll post some shieett later on. Peace

LAWL...Drunk posting Nick? hahaha. We should get together soon.

Here's some pictures of the room:

Ceiling-
IMG_1055.JPG

Lounging and badass kitty-
IMG_1057.JPG

Drum room,sideways (oops), with ghost (for size perspective)-
IMG_1069.JPG

sorry i don't see a full drumkit, and the pics are too damn big, but you may know that, i'm not interested in you proving you have a drumkit or not, was just interested on seeing the setup, anyways...

sorry i don't see a full drumkit, and the pics are too damn big, but you may know that, i'm not interested in you proving you have a drumkit or not, was just interested on seeing the setup, anyways...

Haaah Damn those pictures are way too bit. Didn't even look at the post after I posted it. Do you guys want me to resize them?

As for the kick goes.. I REALLY didn't want it to sound like a slate/metal/click kick.. And when I add even a touch more high end, it sounds like that... If I turn the low end down it looses its power. Would you guys recommend anything in particular? Sidechain it maybe?