Grungy Hard Stuff (All Real Stuff)

The kick is completely wrong for this. Way too loud and clicky. But the rest sounds pretty cool.

I agree.

Well, that's what I have. haha. I used a D6 on the kick, so there's not much I can do for it. And I don't really want to program a new one in. :(

How about for the other one I just posted? I like it for that one.

Yeah it worked much better there. Maybe because it isn't as loud?

Actually, thank you a ton for pointing this out!

On the 'clicky' one, I accidently had two instances of oxford trans designer runner.. Must've accidently hit copy paste!
:worship:

Just checked out the third one. That's a killer mix, really. The short lead guitar part in the first half is a bit too dry and up front for my liking, but other than that I can't really think of anything.

All SSL-related jokes, debating about whether the drums are real or not and such aside, you're turning out some pretty killer work and seem to have good sense of style. Easily some of the better stuff I've heard on this forum. Will be keeping an eye on your stuff in the future, good job!

Just checked out the third one. That's a killer mix, really. The short lead guitar part in the first half is a bit too dry and up front for my liking, but other than that I can't really think of anything.

All SSL-related jokes, debating about whether the drums are real or not and such aside, you're turning out some pretty killer work and seem to have good sense of style. Easily some of the better stuff I've heard on this forum. Will be keeping an eye on your stuff in the future, good job!

Thank you very much Jarkko. I appreciate it. :)

Yeah, I don't really mind the SSL jokes, to be honest, I think they're funny. And I'll be working with some pretty sweet bands the next couple of months and I can't wait to show you guys!

Sounds really good dude (Listened to first song). Can you give some info on the snare (as well as processing), I can never get my dry snares sounding like this, I always end up adding room samples.

Click dont fit/is too clicky, but the rest sounds great!

Oh and there's a weird edit about 2/3 of the song, during the bass slide before the chorus, sounds like the guitars were cut too early or something like that.

Click dont fit/is too clicky, but the rest sounds great!

Oh and there's a weird edit about 2/3 of the song, during the bass slide before the chorus, sounds like the guitars were cut too early or something like that.

Thanks

Yes, I was not so sure about that bass slide thing either, but I'd asked the band and they said it's correct.

missing glue brosif, and that kick is most def sample replaced. ESPECIALLY the first song, the third.... not so much, sounds like you just blended a bit of sample in there.

I know Slate when I hear it bro...

to me, the 3rd one is the most 'real' sounding.... far as drums.

BUT. OH's are too tinny.... not enough ambience around them and the vox are much to dry as my boy phil mentioned =D

i;m hearing quite a few piercing frequencies in the highs...

BUT, not a bad mix at all!

missing glue brosif, and that kick is most def sample replaced. ESPECIALLY the first song, the third.... not so much, sounds like you just blended a bit of sample in there.

BUT. OH's are too tinny.... not enough ambience around them and the vox are much to dry as my boy phil mentioned =D

this

Ok. How would you recommended fixing the "glue" issue.

you're turning out some pretty killer work and seem to have good sense of style. Easily some of the better stuff I've heard on this forum. Will be keeping an eye on your stuff in the future, good job!

+1

I just had a listen to track 3 and I must say I like it alot! Great job.

Overall the only thing I could comment on would be a slight touch of corrective eq on the entire mix to help with the glue issue I saw you comment on in a couple of threads now. It sounds a little woolly to my ears, like a thin sheet is over the speakers, its subtle but just enough to cloud the mix. This is a mastering thing really.
More 'air' is needed over all but there are a couple of spots in the mids that are a bit strong and I think a touch more sub bass to round the bass guitar out would be nice.
Have you done a complete master on track 3?

Cheers.

+1

I just had a listen to track 3 and I must say I like it alot! Great job.

Overall the only thing I could comment on would be a slight touch of corrective eq on the entire mix to help with the glue issue I saw you comment on in a couple of threads now. It sounds a little woolly to my ears, like a thin sheet is over the speakers, its subtle but just enough to cloud the mix. This is a mastering thing really.
More 'air' is needed over all but there are a couple of spots in the mids that are a bit strong and I think a touch more sub bass to round the bass guitar out would be nice.
Have you done a complete master on track 3?

Cheers.
THanks a ton man! No, track 3 is not a complete master yet.

I downloaded the track and had a look at it (hope you don't mind) and did the EQ thing I mentioned in my previous post just for fun and learning material really.
Would you be interested in hearing the difference?
I don't want to appear to be saying its better and I didn't want to just post up your song without permission, like I said I just used it for practice.
The only issue was I was EQing a compressed and limited mix of course, but you would still get the idea.
Let me know...
Cheers.

I downloaded the track and had a look at it (hope you don't mind) and did the EQ thing I mentioned in my previous post just for fun and learning material really.
Would you be interested in hearing the difference?
I don't want to appear to be saying its better and I didn't want to just post up your song without permission, like I said I just used it for practice.
The only issue was I was EQing a compressed and limited mix of course, but you would still get the idea.
Let me know...
Cheers.

Go for it dude! :)